Photo
- - - - -

Schefter: Nicks trade has NOT been discussed, but should be (for a conditional 4th, possible 3rd)

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,742 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Giants WR Hakeem Nicks to the Panthers for a conditional fourth-round pick that goes to a third if Carolina is able to sign him to a long-term deal: Nicks is scheduled to become a free agent after this season, and the Giants are going nowhere fast. With money invested in wide receiver Victor Cruz, New York might as well recoup what it can now for Nicks. Carolina has been looking for a receiver to pair with Steve Smith for years. Nicks could be the one.

Link

Giants should make it happen,already. I think that G-man would be game.

#2 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,291 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

Do want. I don't care about his drops right now, a change of scenery is what he needs to get back to being the play-maker he is . 

#3 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,205 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

WANT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#4 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

ffs no

#5 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

dead-horse_zps5f2018ff.gif

#6 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

yea but with how we are clicking, not sure i want someone, although elite potential, to come in here and fug up the great chemistry we have going.  kinda a reason im not excited Stewart coming back.

#7 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

we have to make this move I don't want the lack of playmakers excuse to pop back up when we face these. 500 teams in the upcoming weeks

#8 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,852 posts

Do want. I don't care about his drops right now, a change of scenery is what he needs to get back to being the play-maker he is . 

Giants are in shambles, kinda like the 10' Panthers.  what did Smith do that year?  Jack poo.  What did he do the next two?  Back to elite wr.  No reason to think Nicks is done other than the fact he is playing in Zombie land right now.

#9 DecrypticShadow

DecrypticShadow

The Sarcastic A**hole Your Mother Warned You About

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Nicks' stock has been dropping the past couple weeks.. With all the drops the past two week would have had the Giants coming ahead if the rumored Jon Beason for Hakeem Nicks trade would have been true.. 

#10 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Im good either way. Flattered to think a player of his caliber would actually want to come here now. If we dont make any moves, we are currently winning anyways. 

#11 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,769 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

For that price, sure. 

I don't want to pay the type of contract I'm sue he wants, however. 

#12 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,897 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

Generally not in favor of trading for guys who will be free agents soon.

Add in that if he continues to play like he has been his free agent price this offseason could be way more reasonable than it might otherwise have been.  Patience could pay off there.

All that said, my preference is still to add a WR in the first round of the draft.

#13 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,291 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

I really think Nicks is just tired of Coughlin and that really boring offense. They are not creative at all. 

#14 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

He has at least been healthy.  He may just need a change of scenery to get going again.  You can get potential 1st round talent for at the highest a 3rd round pick.  It's worth the gamble.   This would then free up our 1st and 2nd picks for straight O-line or O-line/CB.  I trust Gettlemen to make the right decision.

#15 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

we truly need this despite the risk. were trending upward with alot of confidence. this would only increase our confidence in the locker room along with gaining respect in the league. not to mention allow us to either double up on the oline in the 1st two rounds or get that shutdown corner. its a gamble we must take even though his injury history scares the poo out of me. i also feel that Nicks want ask for as much if we actually get him now opposed to waiting to the offseason. dont think he would do his family and charolotte that dirty. the pressure will be there for him to stay especially if its not to stay in New York

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.