Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schefter: Nicks trade has NOT been discussed, but should be (for a conditional 4th, possible 3rd)

51 posts in this topic

Posted

My only thought on Nixon is he's gettlemans nick hayden, useless player but gm loves him. Personally I liked Hayden more, guy was not nfl caliber but he played hard. Well I remember him playing hard but I might be crazy.

Posted

Hayden has been playing decently for the Cowboys. I'd rather have him than Fua.

Posted

Which receiver would you take off the field? Ginn or Lafell?

Simple solution. Go 4 wide a lot more. Plain and simple.

Posted

Much rather invest in a better oline for Cam. A line that can punch holes and hold at the point of attack is what would push this offense over the top.

Posted

Question should be are we going to focus on the o line or wide outs next season? Some believe that if you have a good enough o line your WR will eventually get open and your Qb will have time. They also help set up the run game which cuts down on the amount of having to throw. Do we see Gin and lafell eventually being our #1 and #2? If we focus more on running are they good enough for that type of offense? Or do we see ourselves as having Nicks #1 and Lafell/Gin as #2 and #3?

Posted

I am starting to think Nicks asking price is preventing this trade to the Panthers or anyone to happen. The Giants are a well run organization and there is zero chance they resign him, so why wouldn't they trade him? My guess is Nicks' agent is wanting big money for him and there is zero incentive to trade for him unless you think you can get a bargain price re: Nicks' contract.

If I'm Nicks, I want to hit the open market if money is what I am after. He's going to get paid $8 million plus a year and I wouldn't pay that if I'm the Panthers.

Posted

The only reason we should trade for Nicks, is if he will put this team over the top for a superbowl run.  If I weren't confident he could do that, there's no point in trading for him. 

Posted

Fitzgerald is on the trading block.

Posted

Fitzgerald is on the trading block.

interesting.. what is his contract situation?

Posted

interesting.. what is his contract situation?

He's due 18 million next year but he won't make half that if he wants to go to a contender.

Larry will have to restructure his contract.

Posted

Bang!! Pull the trigger. We'll never get him for a better value pick/contract wise then we will now. Bring Hakeem home Gettle

Posted

Cruz is going to the locker room with an injury.

No way the Giants deal Nicks by Tuesday now.