Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam and 1st downs

272 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

a qb is the face of the franchise. he has more things to be focused on then pointing after first down.

1) Celebrating a first down isn't exactly going to break his concentration or otherwise prevent him from focusing on the next down. If anything, it will encourage more of the same.

2) The face of this franchise celebrates achievements, encourages others to celebrate their achievements, and does so at the expense of the moral of the teams opponents and their fans. Not only that, but he does it with a gigantic grin on his face, which is probably the part that pisses people off the most.

Posted · Report post

The fact that this opinionated/pointless thread is 14 pages long is just testament to the boredom of fellow Panthers fans going into an NFL weekend after already winning on Thursday Night.. Hahahaha come on ya'll this is just absurd.. 14 pages about whether Cam should do a 1st down point or not after a check down run.. Come on buddies... We Are Better Than This!!! Lol SMH..

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Rivera addressed Cam's sliding in today's presser.

Cam is competitive. He doesn't do shit the easy way. He knows sliding feet first places the ball where he begins the slide, whereas his forward slide actually gains yardage.

It's either exposing his incredibly valuable legs and ending the play, or launching his massive, padded back and shoulders into the defense and extending the play.

They've tried to get him to slide but CAM PREFERS HIS DIVE. DEAL WITH IT

Posted · Report post

The fact that this opinionated/pointless thread is 14 pages long is just testament to the boredom of fellow Panthers fans going into an NFL weekend after already winning on Thursday Night.. Hahahaha come on ya'll this is just absurd.. 14 pages about whether Cam should do a 1st down point or not after a check down run.. Come on buddies... We Are Better Than This!!! Lol SMH..

I started on ESPN. All morning long they made side remarks about disliking it. In fact not 1 person that spoke on it had no problem against it. They all didn't care about the Superman TD, but didn't like the 1st down celebration

They shouldn't stop. Not Cam, Steve, Tolbert, Mitchell. It's sort of like a confidence thing

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Still not making any sense.  You're on a sofa and obviously care about it.  Furthermore, the fact that we arguably don't come close to having a 12th man is all the more reason to care about the BoA crowd.  Just this week the home crowd effect was prominently mentioned.  It means a whole lot to the players, and you SHOULD care about that.

why would i care when the so called fans there cant muster up enough noise or like yall always say get there on time. if i had the money i would be at every home game and drive 3 hours every Sunday just to be there bruh

Posted · Report post

Things i never intended on:

This thread being 14 pages lol

and people taking make quest for other opnions other than my own as bashing Cam

am one of the biggest Cam supporters you will every find since day one. in my eyes he can do no wrong. i just feel the first down celebration isnt necessary. all im saying. i guarantee in 2years or less he wont be doing it anymore. count on it

Posted · Report post

Ask any NFL defender if it annoys them. When they look at you and say "does what annoy me?" you'll know it's a non-factor, just more media idiots acting like the dumbasses they are.

It obviously bothers the players. Just look at St. Louis. They were mocking Cam's moves early in the game...before they got their asses handed to them. Plenty of other players have mocked him as well. It gets under their skin.

Posted · Report post

VDhr2mo.png

Posted · Report post

Get to the playoffs first before you show off.....luck, rg3 and wilson were all playoffs qbs in their rookie year.....and they dont show off.....it makes it seems like its all about u when its not...he needs to grow up

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Nitpick nitpick nitpick

Posted · Report post

let the young man have some fun

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Lighten up man. Cam is a kid who loves playing football. First downs are pretty important in football you know. So let him celebrate.