Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kawann Short

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone else surprised by this guy? Brilliant job by Gettleman to have the balls to double down on DT's.

Star was a 100% no brainer in my mind. Coming back and grabbing Short in the 2nd was not such an obvious choice but looks like a great one right now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Actually I kind of thought this was a guy Rivera might have fought for over an O lineman that Gettles may have wanted.

Posted

Not surprised, he was mocked as a low  first round pick by quite a few people.  The fact that DT went from our biggest weakness, to potentially a duo that'll be here the next decade, is pretty amazing.  Star and Short complement each other well, but I do hope Dwan gets back so they can get a break without putting Fua out there.

1 person likes this

Posted

KK is dat deal

1 person likes this

Posted

I wanted him in the second regardless of what we did in the first.  I saw a mock that had us taking him, and everything

looked perfect.  When I saw some mocks having Star falling to us in the first, I still felt we were so bad at DT we

should take Short if he were there.

sometimes dreams do come true.

only problem is, both are playing so well when it comes time to sign them to a new contract, I'm afraid we

won't be able to afford it, 2 years after signing Cam, and 1 year after signing Luke.

1 person likes this

Posted

I watched a lot if big 10 football last tear and saw the incredible potential of kk. He was just inconsistent. I am happy the panthers are getting that consistency out of him.

Posted

Not surprised, he was mocked as a low  first round pick by quite a few people.  The fact that DT went from our biggest weakness, to potentially a duo that'll be here the next decade, is pretty amazing.  Star and Short complement each other well, but I do hope Dwan gets back so they can get a break without putting Fua out there.

i think fua has been inactive for the last two weeks.  can someone confirm?

1 person likes this

Posted

i think fua has been inactive for the last two weeks.  can someone confirm?

Saw him just wearing a t-shirt on the sidelines on Thursday.

2 people like this

Posted

I watched a lot if big 10 football last tear and saw the incredible potential of kk. He was just inconsistent. I am happy the panthers are getting that consistency out of him.

I do believe the rotation really helps with his consistency...........

Posted

if we can trade for a number 1 wr I would love to double up on oline the same way in this draft

Posted

I wanted him in the second regardless of what we did in the first.  I saw a mock that had us taking him, and everything

looked perfect.  When I saw some mocks having Star falling to us in the first, I still felt we were so bad at DT we

should take Short if he were there.

sometimes dreams do come true.

only problem is, both are playing so well when it comes time to sign them to a new contract, I'm afraid we

won't be able to afford it, 2 years after signing Cam, and 1 year after signing Luke.

Impossible to project that, that's 4 years away, at which point the huge running back contracts we have will be off the books.  

Posted

TV money may kick the cap up quite a bit by then.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app