Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Kawann Short

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#37 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Hes been everything i've hoped for.

Toot toot
http://www.carolinah...nn-short/page-2

#38 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

i noticed the same thing.

2 things going on...

too much weight

too many snaps

both were corrected.

one thing that has surprised me about both guys is how good they are in the things that were considered their weaknesses.

star was supposed to be great against the run (he is) but in pass rushing was a bit weaker (it's not, tho). kk was supposed to be great at getting to the passer (he is), but almost a liability against the run (he ain't, tho).

we have ourselves one great combo with a great complementary cast in cole and dwan (if dwan can get back on the field).

i love that with basically a blink of an eye we went from the interior of that DL being one of the weaker in the league to being one of the best.

in fact i live the turnaround on both sides of the ball over the years. 2010 we had one of the weakest offenses ever in the game to one of the best in 2011 (tho we're just now starting to get that back in that groove). in 2011 we went from being the worst D in the league to now one of the top three in the league.

i love it.

now the game day coaching is catching up to the talent and i've got to say i'm impressed.

You are right...I hated how Hurney couldn't fix the DT position since Kris Jenkins days with us; picking McClain & Fua or Star & KK?...hhhmmm wonder which pair is better.  :-)  I hope Gettleman always picks this great in the 1st & 2nd rounds.

Another reason this is so awesome is the DT postion is consistently referred to as 1 of the toughest positions to adapt to from college to the NFL...these guys have been lights out.

#39 Double Trouble

Double Trouble

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Great pick. I wanted Keenan Allen at the time but I have no complaints.

#40 Your GFs favorite huddler

Your GFs favorite huddler

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Great pick. I wanted Keenan Allen at the time but I have no complaints.

I was screaming for Keenan Allen at the time but kks play and the lingering of fua quickly changed my disappointment