Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saints Players Laugh and Cheer

103 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Guy says he "supposed that haven't tried to get a potential replacement"

I point out they have a guy that they think has potential to be eventual replacement,

So after proving the guy factually wrong , you call me full retard. Wow, makes sense. I guess as much as the whole Zachary thing you're yet to explain, you big George you! You're such a Bill doing this William stuff over and over again making yourself look like a Jason! Am I doing it right, Paul?

I said drafting, and an undrafted guy more than likely isn't going to amount to a true replacement.  We tried that with Delhomme and Moore.

Moreover, thinking he has eventual potential means absolutely nothing.

Posted · Report post

I bet DCs across the league are just tossing and turning at night knowing an undrafted rookie from the almighty football powerhouse of Tulane is waiting in the wings. :D

Maybe he'll be the next Matt Moore?

Sent from my SGH-T999

McCown is the backup QB, Griffin is a guy they believe has potential and will try to develop OVER YEARS, so your comment is stupid. I mean then again maybe your QB evaluation skills may be better than Payton and QB coach Lombardi, who are they but one of the top HC on the league and grandson of the most famous football HC ever. Apparently Rams thought enough of him to actually offer him a contract, and Saints thought enough of him to talk him out of taking Rams offer, cut Martez Wilson, and place him on active roster to raise his income even though they don't plan on him playing even a snap. Also, Tulane has one of the most unexpected turnarounds of a football team in just the 2 years Johnson left Payton to go be HC, they just beat Tulsa and almost completely shut down their offense, something none of the analyst expected!

In short, you're a moron!

Posted · Report post

that's actually what makes you even more of an idiot....all those drunk slutty tourists wobbling about the city and even with your daddy's expensive car, you still go home alone to skippy and the dog

ouch...

Posted · Report post

words words blah words Irrelevant QB hasn't even played a snap in the NFL and I don't know how good or bad he'll be, just like anyone else on this site.  I would actually go watch a practice or two with him to evaluate, but that would mean I'd have to move, and moving means I'd potentially see my feet for the first time since the ultrasound, and no one wants that.  Words rant gragh words I have to type paragraphs to convey a point that could be made in two sentences words blah words every paragraph brings me closer to a cardiac incident.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I said drafting, and an undrafted guy more than likely isn't going to amount to a true replacement. We tried that with Delhomme and Moore.

Moreover, thinking he has eventual potential means absolutely nothing.

You said the team hasn't tried to get a replacement, well if he's not there to try to groom to see if he can be an eventual replacement, then WHY is he there since we already have a backup QB?

Why did we cut a good player to block the rams from taking him if we have no plans for him? If he is not there to have a chance to replace Brees eventually, no matter how unlikely, then why did the team activate a 3rd QB , block rams, offer more money to the guy?

Seems Payton would be smarter than to do all that for a guy they have no intentions of even having a chance to replace Brees, at least that's what you're trying to sell.

Posted · Report post

You said the team hasn't tried to get a replacement, well if he's not there to try to groom to see if he can be an eventual replacement, then WHY is he there since we already have a backup QB?

Why did we cut a good player to block the rams from taking him if we have no plans for him? If he is not there to have a chance to replace Brees eventually, no matter how unlikely, then why did the team activate a 3rd QB , block rams, offer more money to the guy?

Seems Payton would be smarter than to do all that for a guy they have no intentions of even having a chance to replace Brees, at least that's what you're trying to sell.

It's impossible to see what kind of replacement he is or isn't until he plays a real game.  I have serious doubts they're going to hand over your offense to some scrub who couldn't even get drafted without another option.

And I didn't say drafted, eh?

I've been amazed for years that they haven't tried drafting a potential replacement since your playbook seems to take a while to master.

Posted · Report post

McCown is the backup QB, Griffin is a guy they believe has potential and will try to develop OVER YEARS, so your comment is stupid. I mean then again maybe your QB evaluation skills may be better than Payton and QB coach Lombardi, who are they but one of the top HC on the league and grandson of the most famous football HC ever. Apparently Rams thought enough of him to actually offer him a contract, and Saints thought enough of him to talk him out of taking Rams offer, cut Martez Wilson, and place him on active roster to raise his income even though they don't plan on him playing even a snap. Also, Tulane has one of the most unexpected turnarounds of a football team in just the 2 years Johnson left Payton to go be HC, they just beat Tulsa and almost completely shut down their offense, something none of the analyst expected!

In short, you're a moron!

Oh, the Rams with their loaded quarterback depth chart and all. Not saying the guy doesn't have potential, but that would be like us Panther fans saying a few years back that we were grooming Brett Basanez as a potential successor to Jake Delhomme.

Tulane plays in C-USA, nuff said. 

Posted · Report post

My wife is from that place and was a lifelong aints fan.Married 13 years and i have turned her into one of us.....loves the cats now. Been down there many times with her and she even says its a friggin sewer.When Brees is done that place will implode.

Posted · Report post

It's impossible to see what kind of replacement he is or isn't until he plays a real game. I have serious doubts they're going to hand over your offense to some scrub who couldn't even get drafted without another option.

And I didn't say drafted, eh?

I've been amazed for years that they haven't tried drafting a potential replacement since your playbook seems to take a while to master.

I knew you were going to try to pull out a little technicality other than admit you're wrong. So they have a guy that they took as a POTENTIAL replacement, but he was undrafted so suddenly you're right on a technicality? What a joke, they have been talking about taking that guy almost a year before draft, even look at his multiple visits pre draft and Brees comments. As for playbook, maybe you missed one of the big reasons they like him:

Griffin, an undrafted rookie free agent out of Tulane, went 32-of-59 for 380 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in the preseason with the Saints. New Orleans waived him on Aug. 31, opting for Luke McCown to back up starter Drew Brees. The Saints then added Griffin to the practice squad the next day.

Had he signed with the Rams, Griffin might’ve been able to immediately compete for playing time.

But Griffin may have chosen to stay in New Orleans to learn from Brees in an offense similar to the one he ran at Tulane under coach Curtis Johnson. Johnson was the Saints’ wide receivers coach from 2006 to 2011.

They were running a simplified version of same offense under one of Payton coaches that left to be HC at Tulane that has turned that program around.

Posted · Report post

am i the only one whose eyes glaze over automatically when i come upon a post where dat alice is talking about the saints

Posted · Report post

Oh, the Rams with their loaded quarterback depth chart and all. Not saying the guy doesn't have potential, but that would be like us Panther fans saying a few years back that we were grooming Brett Basanez as a potential successor to Jake Delhomme.

Tulane plays in C-USA, nuff said.

The guy said he's surprised there is no guy taken as potential replacement, I pointed out that we just did take a guy, guy points to an adjective in original statement to save face and not admit he was completely wrong,

That was the point, but now you're trying to act like I said this guy will play in Brees spot next week and bash him. Bottom line is they believe the guy has potential to be replacement and they just backed that by cutting a guy and putting him on roster a year we are without 11 starters and playing multiple backups. Also, it was multiple team inquiring about him, not just Rams,cit appears Rams went ahead and offered him a contract. Not saying he is great or even average or will he anything more than Brees backup, but multiple teams inquiring, one offering him a contract, and Saints signing him to active roster on incredibly limited roster spot year does say he's not your average scrub.

Posted · Report post

am i the only one whose eyes glaze over automatically when i come upon a post where dat alice is talking about the saints

Then why even come post tubby? On a lunch break from pouring drinks and already finished your cholesterol bombs you had for lunch?