Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josh Gordon Thread V.2

70 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If Smoking pot makes you the definition of a scumbag, then the world is full of them.  

Carruth didn't have any---I mean any---red flags coming out of college.

The Browns want to stockpile picks to build the team that Chud envisions.

A Newton-Gordon connection would be prolific. Ginn on one side, Smitty in the slot, and Gordon on the other side. And let's not talk about Olsen (and possibly B-will), D-Will, J-Stew, Tolbert and/or Barner.  And, Cam in the middle of all that. 

That's sweet dreams for us, and nightmares for everyone else.

Posted · Report post

The Gordon thing scares me. 

Why does a team 

1. Rebuliding

2. Setting up to draft a QB next year,

3. with Offensive HC

4. With no Other WR at that level

trying to trade a top 10  "YOUNG" WR talent like Gordon???

It makes no sense unless they know this kid has a body buried some where or about to pull a Hernadaz.

Posted · Report post

Gordon is praying he gets traded to Denver.

Posted · Report post

Why does a team

1. Rebuliding

3. with Offensive HC

trying to trade a top 10 "YOUNG" WR talent like Gordon???

It makes no sense unless they know this kid has a body buried some where or about to pull a Hernadaz.

Wow you can't be that dumb. The guy has/had a problem with the sticky and maybe an attitude problem. He isn't a wanna be gangsta that thinks it's cool to kill people and believes real consequences don't apply to him. It's almost as idiotic as the guy comparing him to Rae.

Posted · Report post

Wow you can't be that dumb. The guy has/had a problem with the sticky and maybe an attitude problem. He isn't a wanna be gangsta that thinks it's cool to kill people and believes real consequences don't apply to him. It's almost as idiotic as the guy comparing him to Rae.

Dude don't be a dumb ass. I was exaggerating about the being a killer thing. 

But the question must be ask why is a rebuilding team trying so hard to trade a building block talent??

He is still very young, very cheap, and hard to replace. 

I've seen teams work with a player with Weed and behaviour problems. Specially a player this talented. See DEZ Byrant

Something else is going on here.

Posted · Report post

I would take Gordon for a second or lower but that's it. You could find role players next year with less trouble.

Posted · Report post

I would take Gordon for a second or lower but that's it. You could find role players next year with less trouble.

Too high!!

I'd give up a 3rd but he would have to pass the ""Big Cat"" and ""Smitty"" test before.

Posted · Report post

Too high!!

I'd give up a 3rd but he would have to pass the ""Big Cat"" and ""Smitty"" test before.

2bd round picks are never a given. Josh knows how to play and would make us that much better. He is def worth the risk for a second.

Posted · Report post

Why does a team 

1. Rebuliding

3. with Offensive HC

trying to trade a top 10  "YOUNG" WR talent like Gordon???

In fact, CBS NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports that the Browns have made it clear they do not think highly of any the offensive players they have inherited beyond center Alex Mack and left tackle Joe Thomas. The front office believes there is a lot of skill position talent in the 2014 draft.

CBS Sports

The Browns may be very busy leading up to Tuesday's trade deadline. Cleveland is expected to field offers for wide receivers Greg Little and Josh Gordonalong with tight end Jordan Cameronaccording to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora. The Browns are looking to add draft picks as they rebuild their current 3-4 team. Cleveland has already acquired a first-round pick for former third-overall pick Trent Richardson.

SB Nation

So what can the Browns gain from trading away Josh Gordon?

Well, Gordon is one mis-step away from being suspended for a very lengthy period of time, so if the Browns traded him for a first round pick (presumably) they could avoid a potential serious setback before his value decreases significantly.

Second, the Browns are going for pure quantity in draft picks it seems, so if they traded Gordon now, there’s a real possibility they could have three first round picks to work with and a full season to prepare to use them.

nflmocks.com (fansided)

Like has been mentioned, they want to build the team from the ground up.

Don't think that trading Gordon or Cameron would be without controversy in Cleveland, but the ownership is greedy for picks.

Posted · Report post

CBS Sports

SB Nation

[font='Helvetica Neue']
nflmocks.com (fansided)
[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue']
[/font]
[font='Helvetica Neue']
Don't think that trading Gordon or Cameron would be without controversy in Cleveland, but the ownership is greedy for picks.
[/font]

And for Gordon I would give up one. Still its not going to happen.

Posted · Report post

CBS Sports

SB Nation

nflmocks.com (fansided)

Smoke Screen.

I don't trust the Brown FO. Again

You're paying him nothing.

You've developed him and anything in the draft is unknown. This Kid is a known talent.

Last nobody gives up on a talent like him without some reason.

Posted · Report post

2bd round picks are never a given. Josh knows how to play and would make us that much better. He is def worth the risk for a second.

This kid has something going on benief the scenes and he is 1 smoke away from a year vacation. His talent is worth a 1st the unknown problems is screaming a 5th round. Split the difference and go 3rd. Brandon Marshall valued a 2nd Pick. Do you think he's at Brandon Marshall level now??