Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Awesome PFF stat about our pass rush.

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Seems some people might be mistaken.  This is just for this week and were just from the 7 games they had reviewed up to that point, not overall on the season or even the week.

Although I am pretty positive Hardy and Johnson are both top 10 on the season.

Posted

People whining about our pass rush need to relax both CJ and Hardy are

On pace for double diget sacks,

Pressure is more indacative of pass rush effectiveness than sacks it affects the game .. Our pass rush is nasty.

Posted

I am absolutely stunned that addison is top 5 in pressures per snap if he continues to develop this season I dont think we'll pay the kraken big money

You forget that Hardy usually slide inside when addison is in to rush. So part if his production is thanks to the offense being forced to give hardy extra attention.

Posted

Addison?  Wow.  That is awesome.  Here is why I think that presents Gettlemen with an interesting dilemma:  Do you re-sign Hardy and put 20% of your salary cap in the DE position when you have another pass rusher who has shown the ability to disrupt?  Alexander is not slouch, and Horton needs a year or two to be pretty good.  It is a good problem to have.

Posted

You forget that Hardy usually slide inside when addison is in to rush. So part if his production is thanks to the offense being forced to give hardy extra attention.

Good point.  Addison is less productive vs. the run too.  I think we should re-sign Hardy and Mitchell and go with a young (first contract) secondary--bye Godfrey, Mykell, and Munnerlyn (who will want a bigger deal).  Maybe that would generate enough cash to re-sign Hardy.  We can go with Lester at SS and draft a CB to play with White and Thomas. 

You have to give if you want to take.

Posted

Yes partly but as I said if he continues to develop and improve along with our dts I see no point in hindering the team even more by paying 2 des an insanely amount of money much like our rb situation

Posted

Seems some people might be mistaken. This is just for this week and were just from the 7 games they had reviewed up to that point, not overall on the season or even the week.

Although I am pretty positive Hardy and Johnson are both top 10 on the season.

Kinda confused by your post didnt the op say in bold that this is pressures per snap through week 7??

Posted

Addison?  Wow.  That is awesome.  Here is why I think that presents Gettlemen with an interesting dilemma:  Do you re-sign Hardy and put 20% of your salary cap in the DE position when you have another pass rusher who has shown the ability to disrupt?  Alexander is not slouch, and Horton needs a year or two to be pretty good.  It is a good problem to have.

Should we extend Hardy, I see a major reworking of CJ's deal happening sometime in the next couple years.  It'd be likely we may even cut him around that timeframe, and while I'd love an early WR pick this draft, I would certainly be fine with drafting for the lines.  Strengthen one strength and improve a weakness all at the same time. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes partly but as I said if he continues to develop and improve along with our dts I see no point in hindering the team even more by paying 2 des an insanely amount of money much like our rb situation

Defensive end is an entirely different situation than RB,

Productive RB"a these days can be found throughout the draft take a look at the top 20 pass rushers only TWO (Robert Mathis and Greg Hardy) were drafted after round 4 with the with 10 being first rounders which isn't even bringing into play that Hardy is also solid vs the run.

If your going to spend money in the NFL you want it to be on a QB LT and DE in that order and seeing as we will have to draft a Lt or Rt and hopefully an offensive playmaker next season it's money well spent on Hardy.

Posted

PFF put up a stat saying teams average 6 yards a carry running in between the guards which is worst in the league, but are the best on runs outside the tackles. I swear we've been tougher up the middle

Posted

PFF put up a stat saying teams average 6 yards a carry running in between the guards which is worst in the league, but are the best on runs outside the tackles. I swear we've been tougher up the middle

We have been absolutely garbage up the middle on runs.