Photo
- - - - -

Zac Stacy is an example of how poorly managed our Rb contracts are.

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#76 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

http://www.livestron...-running-backs/

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Running_back

Technically our running backs include Tolbert, Williams, Stewarts, Barner. But fullbacks, tailbacks and halfbacks are all considers running backs. If a fullback never does anything but block you could say they are not a running back but Tolbert has 51 carries which is good for second on the team which surely qualifies as a running back. So no matter what you think that would be 4 TDs as a minimum.

Like usual you have no idea what you are talking about and your logic is convoluted at best.

Okay.....

technically, our halfbacks have 1 more TD than the Rams halfbacks who have zero......

thread is about poor halfback contracts.....which we have. We have 2 featured paid on the roster......

Logic says the contracts and value we are getting......is bad.

This thread isn't about our collective rush....and what Cam and Tolbert do.

#77 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Cam/Tolbert - 411 rush yards, 6 rush TDs
Williams/Stewart -477 rush yards, 1 TD

Cam/Tolbert - 923 rush yards, 15 rush TDs
Williams/Stewart - 1073 rush yards, 6 rush TDs

That isn't what you want based on what we pay.....

Thread isn't about how good our collective rush attack is......

Combined, Double Trouble doesn't equal one elite featured RB salary/cap hit......poorly managed contracts. Most of our ground production overall (yards AND TDs) comes from Tolbert /Cam. We ( as a Front office), could of handled it much better.

We could get yardage between the 20s cheaper.....and used that cap/money elsewhere. Call it hindsight if you wish.....but they were bad deals based on what has gone down and is.

#78 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,042 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Okay.....

technically, our halfbacks have 1 more TD than the Rams halfbacks who have zero......

thread is about poor halfback contracts.....which we have. We have 2 featured paid on the roster......

Logic says the contracts and value we are getting......is bad.

This thread isn't about our collective rush....and what Cam and Tolbert do.

You are the one that makes everything about poor halfback contracts and keeps beating the same dead horse over and over. 

The rest of us are talking about having a good running game and having a balanced attack which has served us very well this year.  Something a lot of other teams wish they had.  As for whether Stacy is how we should go, that would be great in hindsight if we can know before hand who is going to pan out and who isn't.  

#79 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,042 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Cam/Tolbert - 411 rush yards, 6 rush TDs
Williams/Stewart -477 rush yards, 1 TD

Cam/Tolbert - 923 rush yards, 15 rush TDs
Williams/Stewart - 1073 rush yards, 6 rush TDs

That isn't what you want based on what we pay.....

Thread isn't about how good our collective rush attack is......

Combined, Double Trouble doesn't equal one elite featured RB salary/cap hit......poorly managed contracts. Most of our ground production overall (yards AND TDs) comes from Tolbert /Cam. We ( as a Front office), could of handled it much better.

We could get yardage between the 20s cheaper.....and used that cap/money elsewhere. Call it hindsight if you wish.....but they were bad deals based on what has gone down and is.

So this again?  Haven't we beat this up over and over?  Why do you keep it up? 

This thread needs to be about how our combined running attack is very good and productive.  Who wants to read the same old tired threads you constantly harp on over and over. If you say it 50 times does it change anything or not.  If not then this thread should be about something more positive.  Your constant bitching about contracts given out years ago by a GM who is long gone gets really old.  

#80 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

So this again? Haven't we beat this up over and over? Why do you keep it up?

This thread needs to be about how our combined running attack is very good and productive. Who wants to read the same old tired threads you constantly harp on over and over. If you say it 50 times does it change anything or not. If not then this thread should be about something more positive. Your constant bitching about contracts given out years ago by a GM who is long gone gets really old.

I didn't start this thread...I have maybe 3 posts in it.

You want to start a thread about how good our collective rush attack is.....do it. I'm on board bc if the discussion is just how good it is.....I think it is great.

If we get a healthy 28 back I think we can be better than 2011 near the end of the year, which was a historical rush attack.

But if you are tired of such talks as this, don't click on threads which are clearly labeled with the intent to talk about it. If you are so tired of it....you would think you would simply not read a clearly labeled thread some poster not named me started about it

#81 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

we waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overspent on runningbacks.

but that isn't gonna happen with g-man I don't think.  end of story.

#82 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

You are the one that makes everything about poor halfback contracts and keeps beating the same dead horse over and over.
The rest of us are talking about having a good running game and having a balanced attack which has served us very well this year. Something a lot of other teams wish they had. As for whether Stacy is how we should go, that would be great in hindsight if we can know before hand who is going to pan out and who isn't.

This thread isn't specifically about Zac Stacy. It's players like (thus, Stacy is AN EXAMPLE OF) him that show how truly bad those contacts are.

I'm very happy with our run game's production. But, are you telling me that a player like Stacy wouldn't have the same sort of stats DWill has right now, minus the massive contract bonus?

I think it's also a telling sign of how far we've come in just a year from Hurney to Gettleman. I have faith Gettleman will fix the problem (because we all agree the cap space those guys are eating up is a problem) and get to the daylight at the end of the tunnel.

#83 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,042 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

I didn't start this thread...I have maybe 3 posts in it.

You want to start a thread about how good our collective rush attack is.....do it. I'm on board bc if the discussion is just how good it is.....I think it is great.

If we get a healthy 28 back I think we can be better than 2011 near the end of the year, which was a historical rush attack.

But if you are tired of such talks as this, don't click on threads which are clearly labeled with the intent to talk about it. If you are so tired of it....you would think you would simply not read a clearly labeled thread some poster not named me started about it

You have more than that going back and forth with me.  Did you fail math or what??

#84 Kelp

Kelp

SWM seeks BBC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Running backs are like gum. You chew em up and once they run out of a flavor you spit em out and get a new piece.

#85 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

You have more than that going back and forth with me. Did you fail math or what??

Yeah, I don't even know what this post means....

yes, I have started posts about this topic before.....not sure what that has to do with anything discussed right now. Don't read and participate in these threads then. Start one on something else then. The topic here was clear.

Start a thread on how good of a rush attack we have had since Newton arrived, or our ball control currently, or on 3rd down......but don't complain that people are discussing topics in a clearly labeled thread. Clearly I am not alone in my thoughts on it.....which is why it was 6 pages deep before I entered it.

#86 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,042 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

This thread isn't specifically about Zac Stacy. It's players like (thus, Stacy is AN EXAMPLE OF) him that show how truly bad those contacts are.

I'm very happy with our run game's production. But, are you telling me that a player like Stacy wouldn't have the same sort of stats DWill has right now, minus the massive contract bonus?

I think it's also a telling sign of how far we've come in just a year from Hurney to Gettleman. I have faith Gettleman will fix the problem (because we all agree the cap space those guys are eating up is a problem) and get to the daylight at the end of the tunnel.

People keep forgetting why we made the Williams and Johnson contracts to begin with.  Of course we overpaid.  That is what happens when you have one of the worse teams in NFL history, go 2-14, have your owner gut the team of all your veterans and have a new staff and quarterback which you don't know how they will do.  I don't think anyone thought they were good contracts simply what they felt they had to do to keep fans from revolting.  Gettleman inherited a team that was worlds better than the one Hurney had  in 2010. Sure he has done a good job but lets be real, he had a lot of talent here and didn't have to do what many new GMs have to do which is start  from scratch.

#87 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,042 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Yeah, I don't even know what this post means....

So reading comprehension was a problem too. Good job on getting through it and making something of yourself.

#88 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

So reading comprehension was a problem too. Good job on getting through it and making something of yourself.

lol. Have a good night 55.

#89 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,350 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

beating dead horse  /thread

#90 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,732 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

Zac Stacy is but one RB among many. Rookies come into the league every year and run "lights out". That's the nature of the beast. You can probably use the same type of skewed logic for many positions. Furthermore, drafting is largely a crap shoot, particularly when you get in the later rounds, but even to a degree in the early rounds. 

Now I am not saying that our contracts aren't "bad", but to me the main problem is that we have one too many high-priced back on the roster. 

I don't think that there is anything wrong with paying a back if he has proven himself to be an integral part of the franchise, and fits in with your offensive philosophy. Unlike some, I still believe that Stew is gonna come back and beast for this (or perhaps another) franchise for years to come. When you have young guys that still have good years ahead of them that have shown the ability to be special in this league, it's not an outlandish idea to pay them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com