Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam Back in the Spotlight

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Dalton at times has a noodle arm but even he can't fail with Green and Eifert as his targets. Bernard is keeping pressure off of him too.

Bloody hell, it makes me so envious.

Posted

Dalton at times has a noodle arm but even he can't fail with Green and Eifert as his targets. Bernard is keeping pressure off of him too.

Bloody hell, it makes me so envious.

My three top QBs from the 2011 draft were Dalton, Cam and Locket.

You're right! Dalton does have his moments just like Cam, but it's clear he has real "go to" guys that can bail him out when he's having a bad game. Cam clearly doesn't have that with the Panthers.

Posted

G-Man, you've got your franchise QB. Now, build around him for christ's sake. He needs a stud receiver, a stud tight end and two new tackles. Work your magic!

Quietly, Jordan Gross is having a really fine year.

I think we can maybe hold off on one of the tackles until the following year. Jordan has repeatedly said he has no interest in being part of any other organization. Offer him any kind of reasonable deal and keep him on board awhile longer.

3 people like this

Posted

Quietly, Jordan Gross is having a really fine year.

I think we can maybe hold off on one of the tackles until the following year. Jordan has repeatedly said he has no interest in being part of any other organization. Offer him any kind of reasonable deal and keep him on board awhile longer.

His play has not dropped yet, pretty impressive for the big man. I agree, re-sign em, he's a HUGE locker room presence too. Where do you draft LT's? Above 15. Doesnt look like we're gonna be picking that close to the top.

Posted

I wanted to draft bowers #1 overall lol

I was still sticking with pickles, given his circumstances...

About ten minutes before our pick, they were saying were gunna pick cam.

Put my headphones in and watched the "all the above" cam video on youtube. Gave me goosebumps knowing this guy was going to.be on our team. And i ended up happy we drafted him. He blew my expectations out of the water

1 person likes this

Posted

Is it me, or has UA done a horrible job marketing him this year? 

Posted

i like to think that primetime game on thursday did a lot for national perception, especially during the post-game interview. i don't think it's possible to come out of that disliking cam (unless you're a fan of an NFCS foe, in which case

4253199+_ee141fac7b554048edc26eec6534f3e 

1 person likes this

Posted

There have been little signs this year that Cam is at a higher level. He ran for a touchdown against the Giants. He did the superman as always but then he gave out this primal roar, his entire body shaking. It was a genuine display of emotion. He was a man possessed. When the fight broke out vs the Rams you could really see Cam take control of his team. He took control of the stadium. It wasn't the stadium he plays at 8 games a year, it was HIS stadium. When the Panthers rolled the Bucs Cam went on the set of Thursday Night Football. He said this is the most fun he has ever had as a Panther and he's doing it with his teammates. Cam is at career lows in rushing yardage and passing yardage but he's the happiest he's ever been because the team is playing well.

I've been really pleased with Cam the person this season. It really feels like he's buying in.

Posted

I wanted to draft bowers #1 overall lol

I was still sticking with pickles, given his circumstances...

About ten minutes before our pick, they were saying were gunna pick cam.

Put my headphones in and watched the "all the above" cam video on youtube. Gave me goosebumps knowing this guy was going to.be on our team. And i ended up happy we drafted him. He blew my expectations out of the water

I wanted Marcel Dareus. I left the draft party a little concerned because I felt like Cam was a project (in some ways he is). But then I saw him at training camp. Seeing Cam in person has a real "WOW" factor. From then on I was on board.

Posted

Yeah, he's in the news alright: http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/10/29/former-oregon-hc-mike-belotti/

Oregon's former head coach went on WFNZ today and told Steve Smith that Marcus Mariota was going to be a better QB in the NFL than Cam because "Cam doesn't work at the game."

And Smitty said nothing to defend his QB. . .

I am so goddamn fed up with the way people just offhandedly proclaim Player X and Douchebag Y to be able to drop right into the NFL and outperform Cam, like he's achieved literally nothing in his 2+ years in the NFL except score a couple of TDs and make a highlight once or twice. And the way that stigma of laziness gets painted on ever few weeks based on nothing more than f*cking assumptions makes me want to strangle people. His exact words were "well, I'm not there, of course" when qualifying why he thought the way he did, just some bullshit about how the fact that Cam has tons of talents means he doesn't work hard to get where he is.

Yeah, dumbass, he popped out of the womb like that.

Posted

Yeah, he's in the news alright: http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/10/29/former-oregon-hc-mike-belotti/

Oregon's former head coach went on WFNZ today and told Steve Smith that Marcus Mariota was going to be a better QB in the NFL than Cam because "Cam doesn't work at the game."

And Smitty said nothing to defend his QB. . .

I am so goddamn fed up with the way people just offhandedly proclaim Player X and Douchebag Y to be able to drop right into the NFL and outperform Cam, like he's achieved literally nothing in his 2+ years in the NFL except score a couple of TDs and make a highlight once or twice. And the way that stigma of laziness gets painted on ever few weeks based on nothing more than f*cking assumptions makes me want to strangle people. His exact words were "well, I'm not there, of course" when qualifying why he thought the way he did, just some bullshit about how the fact that Cam has tons of talents means he doesn't work hard to get where he is.

Yeah, dumbass, he popped out of the womb like that.

Wow.

Posted

When he gets upgrades on oline and WR, he will be at another level.Then they will all be making up for the bashing with major ass kissing.....wait and see.