• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

Got it yesterday and I love it.  Granted I was knee deep into some Heinekens but I had a blast.  I really like some of the changes they made to multiplayer (like the little preview of where you're going to spawn).  Didn't really play the maps enough times to really judge them properly but I like the verticality of them.  Also, snipers are really going to earn their kills.  In this game if I get sniped I don't get mad like in COD, because there really isn't any quickscoping.  Not only do you have to adjust for wind, but now you'll have to manually adjust for distance. 

I've found that the UI is a bit confusing, especially when trying to switch classes.  Just not as intuitive as it was in the past, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Played about 4 hours of the campaign before I hit multiplayer and it was pretty tight also.  Lots of "oh poo" moments. 

#12 d-dave

d-dave

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

Awesome folks!  Enjoy!

I'm going to sit out the next gens until they settle a bit more in 2014.  Also, I need a new job first...

I also want to see that there are some real improvements other than "moar shinnez!"  Graphics are nice, but is it fun?  Do more shadows and uber textures make it more immersive?  Or does your crap shine more?  I look forward to seeing what the new consoles really do.

#13 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

Played campaign mode for a few hours last night before the Lakers game started. Didn't get too far into it so I can't really make a ton of comments. Of course it looks incredible, and controls feel tight and responsive on the PC. So far, my favorite gun is the FAMAS, but like I said I'm not very far at all in the story. Played a couple of games of multiplayer with a friend, but really waiting till Friday to dive into it with the double XP this weekend....

#14 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

Bought it for PS3 yesterday...  I played one round of conquest IIRC.  Don't notice much difference.  Could be that I'm just rusty because I quit playing BF3 quite awhile ago, but I found it to be somewhat disorienting.  I couldn't really see where the enemies were coming from and I got popped from behind multiple times.  My final KDR was 4 to 9.  But, my team won, so that's cool.

Also, the customization of your loadouts and soldier's appearance is extremely convoluted IMO.  Seems like they tried to pump in a lot of new stuff and it just comes off confusing to me.  I also don't like this "battlepack" nonsense...  I was willing to buy one individually, but instead, of course, EA wants you to buy up to some "Premium" version of the game for basically the price of an entirely new game at $50.  Bullcrap.

Hopefully, the gameplay makes up for these issues.  I remember BF3 being extremely addictive in the unlocking and ranking up process, but so far, I'm not really feeling this like I did BF3.

#15 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

Just done reading reviews... Seems like this game is a complete garbage for PC users. Many complains and 1.5 stars rating by almost 1000 people.

#16 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

Servers have been hit or miss since release. There was supposed to be a patch today to fix that, so we'll see if they get better.

#17 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Let me know how it is.

#18 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

Got it yesterday and I love it.  Granted I was knee deep into some Heinekens but I had a blast.  I really like some of the changes they made to multiplayer (like the little preview of where you're going to spawn).  Didn't really play the maps enough times to really judge them properly but I like the verticality of them.  Also, snipers are really going to earn their kills.  In this game if I get sniped I don't get mad like in COD, because there really isn't any quickscoping.  Not only do you have to adjust for wind, but now you'll have to manually adjust for distance. 

I've found that the UI is a bit confusing, especially when trying to switch classes.  Just not as intuitive as it was in the past, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Played about 4 hours of the campaign before I hit multiplayer and it was pretty tight also.  Lots of "oh poo" moments. 

Gonna hit this BF4 poo hard come Saturday night. Get your Heinekens ready.

#19 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

Servers definitely more stable on the PC through the couple of matches I've played since Tuesday. Wife is working Saturday morning so really going to dive into it before CFB starts at noon....

#20 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:36 AM

Gonna hit this BF4 poo hard come Saturday night. Get your Heinekens ready.

Oh...I'll be ready.  Finished leveling up my carbines now I'm leveling up my DMR's.  Been playing a lot of domination to do this because of the smaller maps and no vehicles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users