Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

As if the Panthers 4 wins weren't unimpressive enough already...

100 posts in this topic

Posted

WTF is in the grass?

down by contact.  the refs blew the play dead extremely early.

this game is fun though.  let's use pat logic on the cardinals game:

-the aforementioned sack/fumble/touchdown that was blown dead for no reason

-steve smith dropped an easy pitch and catch touchdown on a slant in the first quarter

-brandon lafell dropped a fourth down pass that hit him in the numbers inside the cardinals' red zone that would have set the panthers up inside the 15.

that's potentially 21 panthers points!  so the panthers actually left enough points to win on the field in flukey circumstances so we can safely throw that game out, right alejandro?

Posted

WTF is in the grass?

Jul19-2007.jpg

Posted

down by contact. the refs blew the play dead extremely early.

but what if the game is played on artificial turf?

Ok, I will just be blunt... its called in the GRASP.. ie, offensive player being controlled physically by the defensive player.

But yeah the rest of your post was spot on. We left more points than that on the board.

Posted

does the win or records even count since it was against the hapless cowgirls?

Posted

but what if the game is played on artificial turf?

Ok, I will just be blunt... its called in the GRASP.. ie, offensive player being controlled physically by the defensive player.

But yeah the rest of your post was spot on. We left more points than that on the board.

Dammit. Well I learned something today. I just sort of made the connection between grass/down by contact the first time i heard it.

Posted

Clearly not if we're going by Alejandro's airtight evaluation system.

Posted

Feel free to place an asterisk next to it. You guys still have some of those laying around, right?

Posted

ha ha saint beat imploding cowboys team

1 person likes this

Posted

Feel free to place an asterisk next to it. You guys still have some of those laying around, right?

a win is a win, it doesnt bother me.  just matching Fat's double standard.

Posted

the saints haven't actually lost a game since 2011 apparently

2012 didn't count and in every loss this season they were flagrantly robbed

Posted

I actually wasn't going to say much, we both won good day, BUT since you want to throw around some stats

Let's start with this blurb:

SAN FRANCISCO -- Some NFL analysts remain skeptical of the Carolina Panthers because their five wins are against opponents with a combined record of 8-33.

But did you know their upcoming opponent, San Francisco, has won five straight against opponents that are a combined 13-28? And you don't hear much about it?

Hmm, sound like two team that haven't beat anyone played each other and barely beat each other

So Panthers defense sounds great, they stopped the run and held the offense to 9. What rank was that pass offense? 32nd. Overall where is that offense? 22nd

Ahh so great Panthers defense held the 22nd ranked offense to 9 and won by 1 point

Saints defense played Cowboys pass off ranked 5th ( a little better than 32nd) with total offense ranked 13th (better than 22nd) and held them to 2 TDs and a FG off a muffed punt, but WON BY 32 points, set an NFL record for first downs, a record for most yards in game while they scored on 8 of 10 drives,

How did I do? Lol. It takes more than defense and Panthers offense sucks. Two fumbles in last drive luckily bounced back to Stewart and Newton, if not, they lose.

Yo

Did you know that San Fran has a better SOS and SOV than the saints?

You are basically fuged

Posted

Yo

Did you know that San Fran has a better SOS and SOV than the saints?

You are basically fuged

Sorry Vanilla Ice, SF has a SOV of 0.382 and Saints SOV of 0.385, not a huge difference, but makes you post completely false! Thanks for adding zero!