• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Here is the deal Chubs. This has nothing to do with the Bobcats organization there is an issue with providers.

Dish Network reached an impasse with Fox Sports in 2010 that has yet to be resolved so they black out games. It has been 3 years so it doesn't look good.

Charter was having the same issue for 5 years but finally this off season Charter and Fox worked out an agreement so 70 games will be shown by Charter this year.

DirectTV should carry every game in your area.

And ATT Uverse will have every game.

I am not sure where you are in your Dish contract, but sometimes competing providers will help you pay an early termination fee if you switch.

U Verse does not have contracts.

Hope this helps

Wow really. I just switched from charter bc they always blacked them out. So your telling me that now they are actually gonna show them. Of course lol. That's my luck

#17 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

I made this same thread pretty much every year until last season. I live outside of Raleigh and have DirecTV. Never could see the games. Even started seeing them on thd guide, but then they were blacked out.

Then I tweeted Steve Martin, our play by play guy, and he contacted the provider for me and a bunch of other guys and every game started showing up. I needed a new pair of pants. It was awesome. If I was you, and there's no guarantees it will work, tweet steve with your zip and your provider and see what he can do.

I've never twatted anybody In my life. I might have to actually make one and do that tho.

#18 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

I have Dish in Charlotte and I get all the games.

There was only one pre season game on the package is why you did not pick the games up. The games showed up on the guide cause its for league pass so unless you had that you would not of got them.

There is multiple channels on Dish that will have the game broadcast on and you have to find the correct channel to get the game so there will be like 4 channels with the game and you have to find the correct one which can be a hassle cause its a different channel each game.

Maybe they have resolved the dispute then. What channel is it on (for chubs)

#19 PantherKing1983

PantherKing1983

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Maybe they have resolved the dispute then. What channel is it on (for chubs)

Should be on channel 442 tonight or 565 on DISH. 

#20 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

chan 442 dish network.

#21 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

chan 442 dish network.

Channel 442 on my dish is the big ten network. Now I'm confused lol

I take that back. There is no 442 on here.

#22 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

they usually show the Horncats games on HDSPEV channel 1522 or 522 non hd on TWC.

#23 PantherKing1983

PantherKing1983

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Channel 442 on my dish is the big ten network. Now I'm confused lol

I take that back. There is no 442 on here.

correct it is not a channel 

its an alternate where the game will come on 

there is no shows only the game and at the end of the game you go back to blank dish screen 

just search for nba under menu search on game nights to find out what channel the cats will show up on 

#24 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

correct it is not a channel

its an alternate where the game will come on

there is no shows only the game and at the end of the game you go back to blank dish screen

just search for nba under menu search on game nights to find out what channel the cats will show up on

Alright. Thanks man. And everyone else here. Hopefully I get to watch them on tv for once.

#25 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Here is the deal Chubs. This has nothing to do with the Bobcats organization there is an issue with providers.

Dish Network reached an impasse with Fox Sports in 2010 that has yet to be resolved so they black out games. It has been 3 years so it doesn't look good.

Charter was having the same issue for 5 years but finally this off season Charter and Fox worked out an agreement so 70 games will be shown by Charter this year.

DirectTV should carry every game in your area.

And ATT Uverse will have every game.

I am not sure where you are in your Dish contract, but sometimes competing providers will help you pay an early termination fee if you switch.

U Verse does not have contracts.

Hope this helps

wait... charter is showing the bobcats this year???!!!! no way it's true i won't believe it till i see it.  i live in lincolnton and my dad and i have had the exact same problem for years so i just watch them on shitty computer streams.  

#26 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

http://www.mydish.com/gamefinder/

#27 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

wait... charter is showing the bobcats this year???!!!! no way it's true i won't believe it till i see it.  i live in lincolnton and my dad and i have had the exact same problem for years so i just watch them on shitty computer streams.  

I think so.  This article was from the yesterday or today

http://www.citizen-t...s-games-Charter

ASHEVILLE – A total of 70 Charlotte Bobcats television games will be available to Charter subscribers in Western North Carolina beginning with tonight’s 8 p.m. season opener at Houston, a company spokesman said Tuesday.

The agreement with Fox Sports was confirmed by Patti Michel, Charter’s Director of Communications of the South Region.

Tonight’s game will be carried by SportSouth.

Fox Sports and Charter had been unable to reach a carriage agreement since Fox began its relationship with the Bobcats in November 2008. Charter subscribers had been blacked out of the Bobcats’ regional TV package for the previous five seasons.

The Bobcats have held a preseason training camp at UNC Asheville the past two Octobers and played the Atlanta Hawks earlier this month in an exhibition game at U.S. Cellular Center.

#28 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

oh my god.

#29 PantherKing1983

PantherKing1983

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Oh and Dish has free league pass til next tuesday for those who have dish. 

#30 NCBoy1992

NCBoy1992

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationEastern North Carolina

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:43 AM

I live in Eastern NC.. "Rocky Mount area", just got DirecTV, will I be able to see the games??

Before this I had SuddenLink digital cable and I got Bobcats games on channel 121 (something like that) last season, didnt know we could get Bobcats games, until one day I was just scrolling through the channels and saw it. After the games went off, the channel would blackout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users