• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

The Atlanta Falcons are a shell of what they were last season. With devastating losses at their wide receiver position, the rest of the offense has been depleted as well.

To get a clear picture of what the Panthers need to do on defense, we need only too look at last Sunday and take a quick glance at what the Cardinals defense was able to do.

The left side of the Falcons offensive line played a horrible game. Combined they were responsible for 12 hurries on Matt Ryan. When under pressure, Matt Ryan's QB rating and accuracy quickly plummet. I see a big day for Charles Johnson even with a slight groin pull. I would also keep an eye out for Kawaan Short whose pass rush has been improving week after week.

The Cardinals also smothered Tony Gonzalez the entire game while harassing him on every play. With Gonzalez now the only real receiving threat, the Panthers will be able to double down on his coverage. I expect Thomas Davis to blanket him on the underneaths and the solid safety tandems of Mitchell and Mikell him to smother him on the deep routes. You have to play physical against Gonzo, and these players are up to the task.

Overall expect a typical physical emotionally driven game this Sunday. It may get as ugly as the Rams game or even uglier. These teams have a real disdain for one another... just how we like it.

#2 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

I am so ready for sunday. I will be watching the game with my buddy from Atl. He was sad last week but I didn't manage to get him to put a small wager on the game. I think we will destroy them. I like the how other teams have tried to cover Gonzo. We will try to mimic that. I expect a big sack day from our dline. Go panthers!

#3 Machete

Machete

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

I predict Matt Ryan craps himself again.

#4 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,267 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

Just win baby. 

#5 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,474 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

I hope Gonzalez gets knocked the fug out. Should have retired last year but didnt have the spotlight. He was in the shadow of Ray Lewis.

Mr. Awesome wanted another shot at the spotlight this year. This sunday youl be in the spotlight when you leave in a body bag.

Just knock em out TD

#6 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,544 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Greg Hardy I'm looking at you. 

#7 !stUp

!stUp

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationPlotting Against The Falcons

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

Would love to see McDermott dial up a couple of '"jail breaks" on Ryans azz.......having him on  his backside looking through his earhole would da bomb.

#8 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

We can not afford to drop any more winnable games if we want to make the playoffs.

We can only drop 2 maybe 3 more games for the rest of the season, and with probably the toughest schedule remaining in the league, that cushion will be needed for games like @San Fran and @New Orleans and New England.

Im not saying we cant beat those teams, but if we lose to ATL, we will have to pull off a few upsets in the coming weeks to remain a contender.

#9 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,267 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

^ this.  No game should be considered easy or a 'gimme'.  

#10 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

I don't want to see Ryan injured.  So don't get me wrong here.  But I would like to see him get slammed continually.  I want that mofo to endure PAIN!!!!  Then he can get the fugg off our field!

#11 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,228 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

division rivals gonna bring their best

#12 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

I hope Gonzalez gets knocked the fug out. Should have retired last year but didnt have the spotlight. He was in the shadow of Ray Lewis.

Mr. Awesome wanted another shot at the spotlight this year. This sunday youl be in the spotlight when you leave in a body bag.

Just knock em out TD

original.gif

The Ghost of Thomas Davis is now the leader of Monsterz inc., He is going to make an example out of TonyG

#13 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,981 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

Harry Douglas is pretty good tbqh

I can't imagine the Panthers losing this game. 

#14 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Harry Douglas is pretty good tbqh

I can't imagine the Panthers losing this game. 

i was gonna mention Douglas, he has hurt us before

#15 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Yeah don't need to get in a shootout with the Falcons.  They are the 4th best passing team in the league.  There running game is terrible though.  Just bring a 4 man rush and drop the rest in coverage.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Falcons, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com