Photo
- - - - -

Julius Peppers

Best Answer !stUp, 30 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Peppers is the man... most talented panther of all time

Respect your opinion, but disagree...89...Bottom Line!

smitty21.jpg

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#31 Kelp

Kelp

SWM seeks BBC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

Haha no way, fug that fool.

#32 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

We hold Peppers in much higher value than he ever held us in my opinion.

To me he sets the standard for the cliche' super talented athlete that has little passion for the game.

If he really cares about any kind of legacy and wants to return for a farewell season thats fine, but it will be cheap, at least it had better be.

#33 osd22

osd22

Weltmeister

• ALL-PRO
  • 627 posts
  • LocationNo. 1 Panthers Fan in Deutschland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

10.5 sacks, 2 INTs, and 5 FFs....

Not sure to date we have every had a DE put up such well rounded production he did that franchised year.  

As far as I remember he could have done more that year. He was paid 1 Mill per game and did not play full throttle (even the numbers you mentioned are great). Don´t like the attitude to hold out (some efforts) for even more money you already make.

#34 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

I wouldn't mind him back. I don't get the hate for the guy. He just saw a better opportunity in Chicago and went for it. Heck, Moose did the same thing. With that being side, I like the guys we have here. Alexander is showing he is a good back up.

#35 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,360 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

As far as I remember he could have done more that year. He was paid 1 Mill per game and did not play full throttle (even the numbers you mentioned are great). Don´t like the attitude to hold out (some efforts) for even more money you already make.

He didn't have much help on the DL....and put up great well rounded production.

Pep was often held to an unrealistic standard. Jared Allen, our Charles Johnson.....all DEs will "disappear" at times/games.

Sure it wasn't million dollar production but Hurney should to dealt him before paying that. He couldn't live up to.

Why I don't get the Pep hate......and Double Trouble/Beason love. Only difference in them IMO is personalities. FO putting guys in bad spots

#36 !stUp

!stUp

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationPlotting Against The Falcons

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:02 AM   Best Answer

A WHOLE PIE!

Peppers is the man... most talented panther of all time

smitty21.jpg

#37 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

Is Peppers still in the league?  I hadn't noticed.

#38 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,360 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

Is Peppers still in the league? I hadn't noticed.

In his 12th year....he isn't suppose to be great anymore

#39 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

smitty21.jpg

steve smith is #1 panther pound for pound... but peppers was unstoppable in carolina

#40 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

smitty21.jpg

Smith stayed during the down years.  Peppers saw it coming and bolted to Chicago.  Steve Smith is my favorite Panther forever even if Cam Newton wins 10 Superbowls.  

#41 !stUp

!stUp

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationPlotting Against The Falcons

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

Smitty....determination, skill, guts.....and pound for pound the toughest SOB ever to wear Black and Blue.

#42 osd22

osd22

Weltmeister

• ALL-PRO
  • 627 posts
  • LocationNo. 1 Panthers Fan in Deutschland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

He didn't have much help on the DL....and put up great well rounded production.

Pep was often held to an unrealistic standard. Jared Allen, our Charles Johnson.....all DEs will "disappear" at times/games.

Sure it wasn't million dollar production but Hurney should to dealt him before paying that. He couldn't live up to.

Why I don't get the Pep hate......and Double Trouble/Beason love. Only difference in them IMO is personalities. FO putting guys in bad spots

Don´t get me wrong, I do not hate him, I just hate(ed) his starve for the BIIIIIG bucks when he already made riddicules huge money and his way of handling the situation. IMO DWill and Stew (and Tolbert) got/get held out of many plays by Chud & Shula. But still, their contracts ar way off as well, but they never ever complained in their entire Panthers career. They have class, which I did not see in Pep. I have a problem with those money hungry, reality denying, a§§hole players. Pep IMO is one of them.

#43 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,696 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

Don´t get me wrong, I do not hate him, I just hate(ed) his starve for the BIIIIIG bucks when he already made riddicules huge money and his way of handling the situation. IMO DWill and Stew (and Tolbert) got/get held out of many plays by Chud & Shula. But still, their contracts ar way off as well, but they never ever complained in their entire Panthers career. They have class, which I did not see in Pep. I have a problem with those money hungry, reality denying, a§§hole players. Pep IMO is one of them.

Someone needs to learn their history,  Peppers didn't hold out for more money.  Hell Hurney tried to pay him with a offer that would have made him the highest paid DE.  Peppers wanted a change of scenery and Hurney kept franchising him.  Not Peppers fault.

#44 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

In his 12th year....he isn't suppose to be great anymore

I could argue that he wasn't great when he was here.  Wasted potential.

#45 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,656 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

Someone needs to learn their history,  Peppers didn't hold out for more money.  Hell Hurney tried to pay him with a offer that would have made him the highest paid DE.  Peppers wanted a change of scenery and Hurney kept franchising him.  Not Peppers fault.

So very true, and how soon ye forget....

He'll be 34 before next season starts and his productivity this year is down only because he's become a very situational pass rusher. But more than that, perhaps he got everything he wanted in Chicago and more. Peppers has remained under the NFL radar in general since leaving for the Bears. He got more publicity and headlines in Charlotte than he ever has in Chicago. Between he and Steve Smith, they were the highlight reels of the Panther games a few years ago. Now you're lucky to hear about Peppers unless you catch the player introductions before the game.

He wanted out and there was no stopping him. His biggest mistake was burning the bridge with his comments and actions after leaving....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com