Photo
- - - - -

rivera on stewart - "we'll see."

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#25 chris999

chris999

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Some may not agree with me, but after winning 4 out of our last 5 games, I think that there is not anything wrong with Deangelo and Tolbert right now. 

There is no reason to try to fix something that isnt broke. If Deangelo or Tolberts start to stumble though... then would be a good time to bring in Stewart in relief. 

We can climb out of the hole and make the playoffs if we are smart about it. That means not messing with our proven system that will beat ATL. We cant afford to drop a winnable game because we are messing with our offense when we dont need to.

#26 philp

philp

HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

DO. NOT. RUSH.

Tolbert and Barner should be able to carry the load if DWill can't go. Don't rush it.

Lol. Barner has a long way to go.

#27 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Some may not agree with me, but after winning 4 out of our last 5 games, I think that there is not anything wrong with Deangelo and Tolbert right now. 

There is no reason to try to fix something that isnt broke. If Deangelo or Tolberts start to stumble though... then would be a good time to bring in Stewart in relief. 

We can climb out of the hole and make the playoffs if we are smart about it. That means not messing with our proven system that will beat ATL. We cant afford to drop a winnable game because we are messing with our offense when we dont need to.

There are also reasons to give Stewart carries as well.  Williams has already carried it 114 times in 7 games.  As he approaches 30 it makes no sense to try and wear him out in our run heavy offense.  Stewart is fresh and needs to get in full playing shape particularly if we make the playoffs. I still remember that a big reason we lost in 2005 was lack of a quality back due to injuries.

I think we need to see what he can do.

#28 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Lol. Barner has a long way to go.

Agreed, I like the guy but we haven't seen enough of him. Still, he's better than possibly injuring JStew. Just saying JStew doesn't make or break our game against failcons so.