• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Panthers asking for loud crowd via Twitter

Thats good for you bud. Im glad to can manage to travel to 3 games a year.

There's no difference between a fan who watches the game in person and one who rather watch it from the couch. A fan is still a fan. I'm not throwing $150 a ticket to a game when I can get it up close from my tv and in HD. I lose all the emotion and intensity watching it live. Television gives you something you dont get compare to watching it live.

And, if you do really travel to 3 games a year "where the hell are you then this weekend"? Shut your crap up.

.... Watching it in person is 1000x better.

I've never been to a game (unfortunately), but how boisterous is the home crowd? Does the opposing team ever have any issues like false starts? Is there any kind of "12th man" type thing going on at all?

we bang our seat bottoms against the backs. that is pretty loud.

Each game seems to have its own atmosphere. Usually the beginning is pretty loud. Once a few punts get kicked, the action slows, phones come out, etc

tv timeouts kill a lot of the crowd buzz. sir purr doing the tootsie roll doesn't really keep it rowdy. But the noise picks back up when something exciting happens.

Personally, I consider it a failure if I can talk the next day

Screaming breaks my telekinetic link to the team's performance. Be loud at your own peril.

.... Watching it in person is 1000x better.

When I was a teenager and saw the stadium for the first time, I almost cry. I didnt get to go to a game until I was 21. I guess being that age and not 14 anymore, I wasnt excited or stunned being at the game. Sitting at the endzone on the lower levels were good seats, but I lost a lot of what I get from t.v. The up close emotion and little things were hard to catch in person. Of course, if I could go to a game live I would. But, I love it from the television set too. Just as good, if not better. The only thing you cant get from watching it at home is like I said, the atmosphere.

When I was a teenager and saw the stadium for the first time, I almost cry. I didnt get to go to a game until I was 21. I guess being that age and not 14 anymore, I wasnt excited or stunned being at the game. Sitting at the endzone on the lower levels were good seats, but I lost a lot of what I get from t.v. The up close emotion and little things were hard to catch in person. Of course, if I could go to a game live I would. But, I love it from the television set too. Just as good, if not better. The only thing you cant get from watching it at home is like I said, the atmosphere.

1. Set DVR to record the game.

2. Go to game (why do you need $150 tickets?)

3. ???

4. Profit!

Personally it helps the crowd get enthusiastic when the team plays well, like has been the case for the past few weeks. BOA's been recently quiet for years because the only thing this team has been able to well is lose games.

Honestly the reason teams like Seattle do so good at home is more because of logistical reasons related to travel, if it is related to noise, it's because their stadium is designed with corralling noise to the field. Other than that, teams in general just play along with gimmicky phenomena like the "12th man" and such because it makes the fans feel like they're actually doing something by screaming and flailing their arms around like a retard, which is all those people are usually good at and which serves no purpose otherwise IRL

BOA can get plenty loud.

MNF 2008 against the Bucs was an awesome atmosphere

Agree. When the team gives the fans something to cheer for, they generally come through.

The '96 playoff win against Dallas was as electric a stadium atmosphere as I've witnessed, and that includes important NFL games in several cities and a couple of World Series. BOA may not compare with Seattle or KC on a consistent basis, but it holds it's own when warranted.

is BoA really that bad these days? my dad and i have our PSLs still and we went to every game from 96-2001 but i always remember it being really loud and a good atmosphere. whats the deal?

I lose all the emotion and intensity watching it live. Television gives you something you dont get compare to watching it live.

this makes zero fucking sense

Going to a game and taking it all in, is really something people need to appreciate first hand. Maybe some people have and still don't? I will agree that there are pros and cons to both. At the game, you have to wait in line to pee, sit in traffic for two hours after the game, etc. BUT if the Panthers win and we make a few great plays, you'd have to be a tool to say watching the game at home is better than not only experiencing the win firsthand but literally feeling complete pandemonium as it is happening.

A good sports bar like let's say downtown Charlotte and packed with Panthers fans? OK, maybe you have a slight argument but still nothing beats being surrounded with thousands of other passionate fans who are all screaming and yelling out of pure joy. You can try to replicate it with surround sound and a big flat screen but it is not the same. It's like watching your favorite band perform on TV. Go see them live and tell me the TV concert is still doing it for you! That feeling of electricity is not something you can capture in your living room. It's something you have to be a part of.

Case the point, the World Series tonight. I can only imagine what it would have felt like to be at Fenway or even outside Fenway, with thousands loosing their s*** over something that hasn't happened in 60+ years.

I've been to a few Panther games myself, the '96 playoff game against Dallas was a great experience. I sat in the upper deck close to the 50 yard line and remember Aikman's interception at the end of the game to seal the deal for the Panthers. I remember the place going crazy (people high-five'ing each other down the exits) and feeling like the team was unstoppable (if even for a week)! 

That being said, when your team loses while in attendance at the same time... that really sucks.  I went to the Cardinals game when Jake had the worst game of his life.  That game, sitting in the rain on those crappy plastic chairs... OK, maybe I'd rather have watched Jake screw up from the comfort of my home! haha

Then the following year, I made it back to Charlotte to watch game one against the Eagles. We lost that one too. Not to mention, I live in Richmond so when we loose, it's a looooong drive home. :)

Still, when things go well... nothing beats witnessing greatness in person. I think more and more fans are turning to TV over buying tickets because they can't afford to go to a game. If you stay away from something long enough, you sometimes forget what you miss about it. I think that is what is happening to many of the modern day NFL fans who only watch games on TV.

Buy a ticket, take it all in and see what your missing.

this makes zero fucking sense

I get what he means. Live at the stadium with friends or family there can be distractions, plus its more visual, there is lots to see.

At home I can be watching it alone and totally focused. I can't eat im so nervous with every drive. Im on the edge of my recliner, I don't want "her" coming near me to even ask the score. Its scary intense, I think she really thinks im gonna snap one day.

Going to a game and taking it all in, is really something people need to appreciate first hand. Maybe some people have and still don't? I will agree that there are pros and cons to both. At the game, you have to wait in line to pee, sink in traffic for two hours after the game, etc. BUT if the Panthers are win and we make a few great plays, you'd have to be a tool to say watching the game at home is better that not only experiencing but literally feeling complete pandemonium.

A good sports bar like let's say downtown Charlotte and packed with Panthers fans? OK, maybe you have a slight argument but still nothing beats being surrounded with thousands of other passionate fans who are all screaming and yelling out of pure joy. You can try to replicate it with surround sound and a big flat screen but it is not the game. It's like watching your favorite band perform on TV. Go see them live and tell me the TV concert is still doing it for you! That feeling of electricity is not something you can capture in your living room. It's something you have to be a part of.

Case in the point, the World Series tonight. I can only imagine what it would have felt like to be at Fenway or even outside Fenway, with thousands loosing their s***.

I've been to a few Panther games, the '96 playoff game against Dallas was a great experience. I sat in the upper deck close to the 50 yard line, remember Aikman's interception at the end of the game to seal the deal for the Panthers. I remember the place going crazy and feeling like the team was unstoppable if even for a week! 

That being said, when your team loses while in attendance at the same game... that really sucks.  I went to the Cardinals game when Jake had the worst game of his life.  That game, sitting in the rain on hard plastic chairs... OK, maybe I'd rather have watched Jake screw up from the comfort of my home! haha

Then the following year, I made it back to Charlotte to watch game one against the Eagles. We lost that too. Not to mention, I live in Richmond so when we loose, it's a looooong drive home. :)

Still, when things go well... nothing beats witnessing greatness in person. I think more and more fans are turning to TV over buying tickets because they can't afford to go to a game. If you stay away from something long enough, you sometimes forget what you miss about it. I think that is what is happening to many of the modern day NFL fans who only watch games on TV.

Jakes first game against Jax. There's nothing like 70,000 fans going ballistic after a final seconds win. 

Probably my best live experience.

What would really help is if people would be in their seats by 1250pm so, you know, during player introductions, the players get the impression that the fans might actually care about the game.

I get what he means. Live at the stadium with friends or family there can be distractions, plus its more visual, there is lots to see.

At home I can be watching it alone and totally focused. I can't eat im so nervous with every drive. Im on the edge of my recliner, I don't want "her" coming near me to even ask the score. Its scary intense, I think she really thinks im gonna snap one day.

100% the same here. I fly to the states for 2-3 games a year. This year I was in in Charlotte against the Rams and then in Tampa, will be back in Miami in three weeks again. Even with the best seats in the stadium you don´t see the plays as clear as on TV I think. But the atmosphere and everything that is going on around the game is great. So I would love to go to everey game, but watching it on a big TV screen (or projector - which I do) is great also. And somehow I am a lot more nervous when whatching the games on TV - my wife could tell some stories here.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    rahamjango7

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts