EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Good article.

I hope we can improve the secondary next season... It's nice having a dominate front seven, but if that pressure doesn't get there, we always get burned.

#17 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

The mere fact that he mentioned Cam was having trouble releasing a throw in time is tough to digest simply because Newton has one of the fastest releases in the NFL. And that's not me talking.

He's never had issues reading defenses either. Cam wasn't taking what the defense was giving him. He's a young gunslinger. That was to be expected. That, and his short game was mediocre/decent.

I believe he meant Cam holds onto the ball too long (which is/was partly true). His release though ... it's that hot-fire!

#18 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

"The Panthers play nickel often, and I’d argue Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis are the fastest pair of nickel linebackers in the NFL."

Unless Luke is carrying the football, then he has the speed and strength of my grandmother.

#19 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,369 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

"The Panthers play nickel often, and I’d argue Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis are the fastest pair of nickel linebackers in the NFL."

Unless Luke is carrying the football, then he has the speed and strength of my grandmother.

I don't even know what that means...

#20 blak-n-blu

blak-n-blu

THE FRANCHISE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

what's new? article is purdy much what i've been saying the last month....

#21 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,857 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

I believe he meant Cam holds onto the ball too long (which is/was partly true). His release though ... it's that hot-fire!

Then that's a fair assessment.

#22 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,857 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

Neither do I. Luke is a quick dude.

#23 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,621 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, this one lost me.

#24 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,200 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

"I think the issue with Newton has always been that he's a little slow to process and isolate the necessary information. He has been a beat late with throws, he has had some issues with accuracy. I think over the last three or four games – and nobody can answer why, but it’s there on film – he is processing better, the ball is coming out of his hand a lot quicker to the right receiver at the right time and he has recognized coverages better."

Maybe... because he was never 'slow' in processing that information and making a throw, Greg?

I wouldn't call it being slow; I would call it indecisiveness because he wasn't absolutely certain what he was seeing. But lately it seems he's throwing with conviction rather than doubting himself. That's what the "game slowing down" looks like, when a player has seen the plays over and over until he doesn't even have to think, just react.

#25 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,089 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

The mere fact that he mentioned Cam was having trouble releasing a throw in time is tough to digest simply because Newton has one of the fastest releases in the NFL. And that's not me talking.

He's never had issues reading defenses either. Cam wasn't taking what the defense was giving him. He's a young gunslinger. That was to be expected. That, and his short game was mediocre/decent.

What do you know about grading a quarterback?

#26 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,941 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Someone last week said something that makes sense--He has now stopped trying to win the game on every play.   An exaggeration, but it makes sense that he was holding on to the ball too long looking for the home run instead of hitting singles.

I am still not confident that the OL is "at best above average"

#27 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Neither do I. Luke is a quick dude.

Yeah, this one lost me.

Remember that preseason game not to long ago when Luke intercepted Flaco and got chased down and tackled.

#28 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

I think it's clear that guy is talking about Luke on his interception returns. He got tackled by Joa Flacco if I remember correctly. Couldn't pull away and tried to cut back.

#29 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,857 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Remember that preseason game not to long ago when Luke intercepted Flaco and got chased down and tackled.

So you call a slip a tackle nowadays?

It's preseason brah. This is the guy who took a pick 6 back to the house while Kaepernick tried to run him down during that bowl game a couple years back.

#30 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,237 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Is it just me or does that article read like a 5th grader wrote it?  Not the analysis.  But the grammar and syntax.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com