Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

Winning feels so good..

#47 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

oh, what a coincidence. when we win the film and tape on guys like Newton suddenly looks better. I think Cosell; as good as he is, is full of it to a degree.

Newton these last three games has been playing the best of his career, so obviously the tape is gonna look better

#48 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Lol what?  No he didn't... Flacco was the only man in front of him and Luke had the option of trucking him or evading him.  He tried to put a move on him and slipped (or possibly went down intentionally, IDK).  But he didn't get ran down and tackled.

I'm sure he figured possibly injuring himself and/or Flacco for a meaningless preseason TD wasn't worth it.

So you call a slip a tackle nowadays?

It's preseason brah. This is the guy who took a pick 6 back to the house while Kaepernick tried to run him down during that bowl game a couple years back.

I forgot to use my sarcasm font.

#49 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

LaFell is one of those receivers that can drop one pass and bring out the cries of, "we need a #2". Then when he continues to make clutch catches somehow he is not mentioned until he drops another one. But he has improved every year and is way above average.

Idk that drop on 4th down still irks me if he doesnt blow up this second half I hope we dont resign him

#50 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Idk that drop on 4th down still irks me if he doesnt blow up this second half I hope we dont resign him

LSU fans called him "LaDrops" for a reason.  He's the type of receiver that will make the most amazing one handed catch that leaves you going "how did he do that??" on 1st down, then he'll drop a pass that hits him square in the hands on 4th down when it counts.  

#51 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Cam has been better during the streak. What is the variable? Better preparation, according to Cam. Why is this hard for people to digest? Cam was not deserving of praise in the first few games. He is now. Good.

And, hey, maybe its not just Cam getting better, right? Maybe its easier to "process faster" when your receivers are running better routes, making sharper breaks, and getting more separation.

Nah, fug it... its all on Cam.

#52 catnip

catnip

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

In every game, there are going to be some mistakes. I think after the first few games Cam has watched the film with the QB coach and has made some corrections . It also has helped that the O-line has worked together and adding Wharton to the mix . The special teams and the defense has given us pretty good field position helping the offense . All plays into wins and swagger !!!!!!!!!!!!

#53 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Is it just me or does that article read like a 5th grader wrote it?  Not the analysis.  But the grammar and syntax.

Well, let's take a quick look at his audience ...........................

#54 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

And, hey, maybe its not just Cam getting better, right? Maybe its easier to "process faster" when your receivers are running better routes, making sharper breaks, and getting more separation.

Nah, fug it... its all on Cam.

Or it could be that this streak is against 4 teams with a combined 6 wins.  You don't know any more than anyone else, so stop acting like you do.

#55 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Or it could be that this streak is against 4 teams with a combined 6 wins.  You don't know any more than anyone else, so stop acting like you do.

Kansas City is 8-0.  The 8 teams that they have played have a combined winning percentage of 32%.  None of the opponents that they have played currently have a winning record.

New Orleans is 6-1.  The 6 teams that they have beaten have a combined winning percentage or 36%.  One of those teams has a winning record.  They lost to the only other team that they have played with a winning record.

Denver is 7-1.  The 7 teams that they have beaten have a combined winning percentage of 32%.  None of the opponents that they have beaten have a winning record.  They lost to the only team that they have played with a winning record.

#56 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationOff the Grid

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

"The Panthers play nickel often, and I’d argue Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis are the fastest pair of nickel linebackers in the NFL."

Unless Luke is carrying the football, then he has the speed and strength of my grandmother.

4.3 pro day, 4.49 combine.

Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

#57 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

Kansas City is 8-0.  The 8 teams that they have played have a combined winning percentage of 32%.  None of the opponents that they have played currently have a winning record.

New Orleans is 6-1.  The 6 teams that they have beaten have a combined winning percentage or 36%.  One of those teams has a winning record.  They lost to the only other team that they have played with a winning record.

Denver is 7-1.  The 7 teams that they have beaten have a combined winning percentage of 32%.  None of the opponents that they have beaten have a winning record.  They lost to the only team that they have played with a winning record.

Good, and I question how good all of the above teams are.  However, they beat all the teams they should have beaten.  We lost to Buffalo and Arizona.  2 of the above QBs are hall of famers who have proven themselves over a decade against top teams.  The other, Alex Smith, has had limited success, but only on teams with a top defense.  The Panthers have allowed no more than 24 points in a single game and average 14.  If your defense is surrendering less than 14 points a game, the offense is better because they usually have better field position, more opportunities, and the defense they are going against should be tired in the fourth quarter considering the time off possession.

The secret to the Panthers recent success is that they have engineered long drives that eat up the clock.  That is because they are running the ball.  That opens up play action.  That keeps the defense from blitzing every down.  Cam is preparing better and not trying to hit a HR with every swing.  That is why he is not holding onto the ball as long.

I have trouble with people who think when we lose it is the OL/WR's fault, but when we win, Cam is the only reason.  It is never either.   Nobody knows the real reason Cam is suddenly successful, which was my point.  Not you, not me.  It could be the schedule, the defense, improvement of the OL/run game, better preparation, better coaching, etc. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.