Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Start Jeff Taylor

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm done with the MKG experiment.

That is all.

Posted · Report post

He's not much better but I almost agree.  Or let Hendo play the 3 and keep Gordon out there, we need a shooter.

And McRoberts shouldn't be starting, wtf?  I'd rather start Biz than him.  Start Zeller.

Posted · Report post

Foreal!!!!!

I love MKG as much as any Charlotte fan do. I PRAYED that we draft the kid last year, but I'm on the edge of calling it done. Other than last year's Summer League and an incredible dunk on Greg Monroe, I found it very hard to keep praying that he will ever succeed. Call me a "bad fan", I dont care. I dont think he will ever become anything anytime soon. Looking like another wasted pick. This pick is going to hurt us badly. MJ and CHO better be right on Cody Zeller!

Posted · Report post

He's not much better but I almost agree.  Or let Hendo play the 3 and keep Gordon out there, we need a shooter.

And McRoberts shouldn't be starting, wtf?  I'd rather start Biz than him.  Start Zeller.

Taylor is absolutely much better. A better shooter and just as good defensively.

Posted · Report post

Taylor is absolutely much better. A better shooter and just as good defensively.

Worse team defender and worse rebounder, also not as good at driving and scoring near the basket. MKG is a much better all around player. Lol

Posted · Report post

Worse team defender and worse rebounder, also not as good at driving and scoring near the basket. MKG is a much better all around player. Lol

MKG is a better rebounder. But I think defensive wise, it's 50-50.

Posted · Report post

MKG is a better rebounder. But I think defensive wise, it's 50-50.

They are about the same on ball, I was saying off ball. MKG is better off ball, that's all.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

First off let me say I agree we should be starting Taylor. But not over MKG. Get hendersons scrub ass there. Almost every time he got the ball he threw up a Brick. Atleast MKG played good defense and was good in transition. I have never liked Henderson. But he just got paid so he needs to step it up. Of course I'm over dramatic right now considering it's the first game but geeze.

But to the op. Yes we should be starting Jeffie. Should work some plays around him too. Get his confidence higher and help him succeed.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

MKG was actually halfway decent against the Rockets. I can't say the same thing about Henderson. He was awful all preseason and looked like trash again tonight. Taylor is a better SG than SF and Taylor + MKG is actually a good combo statistically. Not to mention that they play off each other better offensively. I agree with starting Taylor. Get Hendo out of there though. Not MKG.

Posted · Report post

I've been saying it. Hendo is mediocre at best. I try to like the man but I just cant.

He's the "Brandon LaFail" for the Horncats.

But, how bout that Klay Thompson? Boy kill'n it.

Posted · Report post

MKG was actually halfway decent against the Rockets. I can't say the same thing about Henderson. He was awful all preseason and looked like trash again tonight. Taylor is a better SG than SF and Taylor + MKG is actually a good combo statistically. Not to mention that they play off each other better offensively. I agree with starting Taylor. Get Hendo out of there though. Not MKG.

Exactly my thoughts. I mean I realize it was the first game so they aren't in their groove yet. I mean hell look at big al. He didn't look to good either. But Hendo has to get it together. He's a shooting guard but can't shoot.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I have no problem in Hendo being the guy to sit either... at least MKG still gives us the allusion that he can improve b/c he's so young. Hendo, on the other hand, does not.

My point was Jeff provides much more offensively than either of them, and that's what we need. Jeff also has shown the propensity to play the passing lanes extremely well.

I was just frustrated with the loss and MKG's struggles from the field and the FT line were an easy target. I didn't want to pick him when we did, but I grew to trust the pick and to believe he would grow into a Scottie Pippen-type player... but, he is so far from that right now, it's pathetic.
1 person likes this