#2 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

He's not much better but I almost agree.  Or let Hendo play the 3 and keep Gordon out there, we need a shooter.

And McRoberts shouldn't be starting, wtf?  I'd rather start Biz than him.  Start Zeller.

#3 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,318 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Foreal!!!!!

I love MKG as much as any Charlotte fan do. I PRAYED that we draft the kid last year, but I'm on the edge of calling it done. Other than last year's Summer League and an incredible dunk on Greg Monroe, I found it very hard to keep praying that he will ever succeed. Call me a "bad fan", I dont care. I dont think he will ever become anything anytime soon. Looking like another wasted pick. This pick is going to hurt us badly. MJ and CHO better be right on Cody Zeller!

#4 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,318 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

He's not much better but I almost agree.  Or let Hendo play the 3 and keep Gordon out there, we need a shooter.

And McRoberts shouldn't be starting, wtf?  I'd rather start Biz than him.  Start Zeller.

Taylor is absolutely much better. A better shooter and just as good defensively.

#5 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,388 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Taylor is absolutely much better. A better shooter and just as good defensively.

Worse team defender and worse rebounder, also not as good at driving and scoring near the basket. MKG is a much better all around player. Lol

#6 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,318 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

Worse team defender and worse rebounder, also not as good at driving and scoring near the basket. MKG is a much better all around player. Lol

MKG is a better rebounder. But I think defensive wise, it's 50-50.

#7 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,388 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

MKG is a better rebounder. But I think defensive wise, it's 50-50.

They are about the same on ball, I was saying off ball. MKG is better off ball, that's all.

#8 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

First off let me say I agree we should be starting Taylor. But not over MKG. Get hendersons scrub ass there. Almost every time he got the ball he threw up a Brick. Atleast MKG played good defense and was good in transition. I have never liked Henderson. But he just got paid so he needs to step it up. Of course I'm over dramatic right now considering it's the first game but geeze.

But to the op. Yes we should be starting Jeffie. Should work some plays around him too. Get his confidence higher and help him succeed.

#9 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

MKG was actually halfway decent against the Rockets. I can't say the same thing about Henderson. He was awful all preseason and looked like trash again tonight. Taylor is a better SG than SF and Taylor + MKG is actually a good combo statistically. Not to mention that they play off each other better offensively. I agree with starting Taylor. Get Hendo out of there though. Not MKG.

#10 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,318 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

I've been saying it. Hendo is mediocre at best. I try to like the man but I just cant.

He's the "Brandon LaFail" for the Horncats.

But, how bout that Klay Thompson? Boy kill'n it.

#11 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

MKG was actually halfway decent against the Rockets. I can't say the same thing about Henderson. He was awful all preseason and looked like trash again tonight. Taylor is a better SG than SF and Taylor + MKG is actually a good combo statistically. Not to mention that they play off each other better offensively. I agree with starting Taylor. Get Hendo out of there though. Not MKG.

Exactly my thoughts. I mean I realize it was the first game so they aren't in their groove yet. I mean hell look at big al. He didn't look to good either. But Hendo has to get it together. He's a shooting guard but can't shoot.

#12 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

I have no problem in Hendo being the guy to sit either... at least MKG still gives us the allusion that he can improve b/c he's so young. Hendo, on the other hand, does not.

My point was Jeff provides much more offensively than either of them, and that's what we need. Jeff also has shown the propensity to play the passing lanes extremely well.

I was just frustrated with the loss and MKG's struggles from the field and the FT line were an easy target. I didn't want to pick him when we did, but I grew to trust the pick and to believe he would grow into a Scottie Pippen-type player... but, he is so far from that right now, it's pathetic.

#13 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

I have no problem in Hendo being the guy to sit either... at least MKG still gives us the allusion that he can improve b/c he's so young. Hendo, on the other hand, does not.

My point was Jeff provides much more offensively than either of them, and that's what we need. Jeff also has shown the propensity to play the passing lanes extremely well.

I was just frustrated with the loss and MKG's struggles from the field and the FT line were an easy target. I didn't want to pick him when we did, but I grew to trust the pick and to believe he would grow into a Scottie Pippen-type player... but, he is so far from that right now, it's pathetic.

IMO MKG has a problem that I deal with. Now before anyone tries to act like I'm calling myself MKG I'm def not.
But anyways when I would play I would always be hesitant. I got great dribble moves but only when I'm not nervous or anxious. Same thing goes with my shot. That's exactly looks like whats up with MKG. He doesn't have any confidence is dribble and shot. U can tell when he gets it passed off to him... dribbles one step and immediately passes. He's so eager to get rid of the ball.
I knew coming out of college he had anxiety issues with speech and what not. Idk if this correlates with his play but it's like he's nervous or just dosent trust himself at all.

Now with Hendo I'm just aggravated. He is not the answer. He just isn't. He will be a good bench guy when we trade or draft for his replacement. That's all I got to say about him

#14 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

Between Henderson heaving the ball at the basket without looking and MKG having the shooting form of a 12 year old, it was a hard game to watch.

#15 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

MKG is really good at posting up. He made a nice move last night that he put up and went off the back of the rim. IMO, he needs more of those looks. Just like big Al, we need to feed MKG the ball in the post and let him back his man down more. However, teams can pack the paint when he has the ball because they know he won't shoot and he has nobody to pass the ball to who can shoot. Jeff Taylor helps this problem.

The problem with MKG from a fan's perspective is that he is not a scorer. We are so desperate to have a scorer and MKG was such a high pick that he becomes the scapegoat. If we have more scorers on the court, MKG because a valuable asset. Right now, he appears to be a liability (to fans) because he adds to the scoring problem.

IMO, We need someone who can create his own shot at the 2 spot. Hendo has shown he can do it at times, but disappears often of takes incredibly difficult, low-percentage shots. Taylor has the skill to do it (evidence in summer league, Eurobasket, and preseason) but seems to struggle with his confidence/self esteem in games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users