Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WR, CB, and O Line projected to be deepest positions in next draft according to NFL Execs

54 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000273758/article/ask-5-which-position-will-be-deepest-in-2014-nfl-draft

Executive No. 1: Cornerback

"I've seen a lot of good cornerbacks this fall. Guys like (Aaron) Colvin (Oklahoma), (Lamarcus) Joyner (Florida State), (Justin) Gilbert (Oklahoma State) and (Jason) Verrett (TCU) are all really good players. There's also a bunch of talented underclassmen that could come out early."

Executive No. 2: Cornerback

"Linebacker is pretty deep but the cornerback depth is the best I've seen in a while."

Executive No. 3: Offensive line

"This is going to be another great year for offensive tackles. Jake Matthews (Texas A&M) and Taylor Lewan (Michigan) are both top-10 guys and there several other potential first-round guys. I've also seen some quality interior linemen."

Executive No. 4: Offensive line

"The quarterback position could be really deep if all of these underclassmen come out. Right now, offensive line is the deepest position for the senior class."

Executive No. 5: Wide receiver

"That's a tough one. I would probably go with the wide receiver position. I've also seen a lot of athletic tight ends. The worst position is an easy answer. The running back depth is very thin."

So... did the chips just happen to fortunately fall this way, or is this some good foresight on the part of Gettleman and our scouting department?

A lot of people bitched about not addressing any of those positions (aside from a project in Kugbila) last draft.  Well, it's by most accounts a deep ass draft at all three positions next year.

Gettlemagic.

3 people like this

Posted

easily our biggest weaknesses. i'm glad we didn't get rid of any picks.

3 people like this

Posted

WR, OT, CB. In that order.

2 people like this

Posted

easily our biggest weaknesses. i'm glad we didn't get rid of any picks.

Gettleman is looking better and better as time goes on.

2 people like this

Posted

LB, RB, RB, FB, LB, CB, OT in that order

2 people like this

Posted

yay for getting the Beason pick then.

Posted

Gimme OT, WR, DE(if Hardy walks) then CB.

Posted

This year's draft also fit our needs well with it being so strong at DT. Good luck never hurt anyone.

Posted

I want:

First: WR

Second: OT

Third: G

1 person likes this

Posted

I honestly wouldn't mind another double-down next draft, this time on WR.

Posted

For me, I would prefer a TE and a WR in the first two rounds. Then a CB or OT in the third.

Lee's pedestrian junior season will drop his stock to the third round I think. He'd make a fine developmental project. It all depends where we finish though. I doubt we're going 7-9 again so I see us picking in the 20-25 range. I don't know if Seferian-Jenkins will still be around but I'd love to have him. If not, Ebron is just as good.

Posted

perfectt for us. I want wr in the first and if not there te. Is say wr first cause it takes them longer to adjust to nfl and weve already waited long enough to get Cam his weapon