Photo
- - - - -

WR, CB, and O Line projected to be deepest positions in next draft according to NFL Execs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#25 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

so...I guess people will be ticked when we draft a DL, LB?

Many times the OLmen are rated high until they are measured at the combine and have 32" arms.  Remember last year?  About 3 or 4 top tackles actually had 32" arms (in that area) and it caused them to drop.

As for WR, I thought last year's group sucked.  The combine usually boosts the stock of some faster WRs unjustly.  Tavon Austin, Stephen Hill, Cordarrellle Patterson, etc.  I am tired of WRs that drop too many passes.  

I think we add a WR, but it will be later.  The team likes Lafell (more than I do, but we don't appreciate WR blocking like the coaches do). I think we re-sign Ted Ginn.  I also think they will attempt to develop King and or McNutt. 

We can't continue to neglect our OL AND WRs....

Next year Smith will continue his decline and be worse.

Out of the top 8 rookie WRs drafted last year.....

3 have more yards than any WR on our roster presently.  

2 our within 30 yards of 89.  

2 had their starting QB injured early in the season

1 is Tavon

We only need to draft O.  WRs, T, Gs.   pick up a vet CB

#26 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

I think Gettleman values the trenches too much to let Hardy walk.

#27 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

I think Gettleman values the trenches too much to let Hardy walk.

NY model he learned from says....draft DEs.  Why NY fans bitched and moaned when they ignored holes and drafted at spots already filled.  If Hardy wants CJ money....that is likely an issue

#28 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

I know I sound like a broken record, but we need a WR bad. I watch other qbs play on Sunday and one thing I notice is a lot of times they just throw the ball up there and the WR comes down with some spectacular catch in double and triple coverage.

None of our WRs have spectacular catch the ball in traffic ability. If they aren't wide open and Cam puts the ball up there for them it's getting picked. Cam's biggest problem is that he has to be perfect to compensate for the lack of talent at the position. Even then they are known for dropping some good balls.

The only pick outside of WR I would even consider is OL. Even then I wouldn't be happy with it only because it just means we've wasted picks on Kug and Amini. If you drafted them and thought they could play then develop them and let them do their job.

The fact that Ted Ginn a guy that couldn't get of San Frans bench has come in and outplayed Lafell should tell you how weak the position is.

#29 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

NBA ANALYST

HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

wr ol cb in tht order we drft

#30 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

WR, OT, CB. In that order.

I gotta go with OT, WR, CB

#31 PanthersBigD

PanthersBigD

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

I like OT, WR, CB as well, if not OT, WR, OT, CB. Fortifying the trenches first is the way to go in my opinion. That and finding an heir for Smitty. I hope Ginn continues to improve, but I'm just not confident that he's a WR1.

#32 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

I know I sound like a broken record, but we need a WR bad. I watch other qbs play on Sunday and one thing I notice is a lot of times they just throw the ball up there and the WR comes down with some spectacular catch in double and triple coverage.

None of our WRs have spectacular catch the ball in traffic ability. If they aren't wide open and Cam puts the ball up there for them it's getting picked. Cam's biggest problem is that he has to be perfect to compensate for the lack of talent at the position. Even then they are known for dropping some good balls.

The only pick outside of WR I would even consider is OL. Even then I wouldn't be happy with it only because it just means we've wasted picks on Kug and Amini. If you drafted them and thought they could play then develop them and let them do their job.

The fact that Ted Ginn a guy that couldn't get of San Frans bench has come in and outplayed Lafell should tell you how weak the position is.

Ace, I totally agree with this. I've seen it time and time again in Indy, Seattle and Cincy. Guys just throw it up for grabs and WRs make a play on the ball, fighting it away from defenders. Rarely see that in Carolina. So much so, that I think Cam has stopped taking those chances and takes the sack trying to wait until someone gets wide open, or as of late just taking off and running with the ball.

But I still think the OL has to be the top priority. There's just too much inconsistency and Gross is likely contemplating the next phase of his life. Cam has proven that if you can give him time, he will make plays - passing or running it himself. When he struggles, it's almost always because of CONSTANT pressure when he drops back.

Draft should always be BPA at a position of need. If it's close, go with OT.

#33 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

BPA, BPA, WR

in that order.

#34 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

Unless an unimaginable player of any position falls to us, I'm saying OL OL in the first 2 rounds.

When we give Cam time to throw the ball, he makes our receivers look much better.

Protect the Cam.  We don't have a single player on offense that can lead us to victory if Cam gets hurt.

#35 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

OL,OL,OL. I'm a believer that you get your top tier OT in the draft, rarely do you see them hit the market. James Hurst,Cyrus Kouandjio

#36 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

WR, OT, CB. In that order.

I would go OT, CB, WR personally just because drafting a wr really high unless they are a freak of nature and absolute stud usually doesnt work out

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app