Photo
- - - - -

Faith in Humanity...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#13 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

Bonus one for tonight because I'm drunk & this has been making me laugh for the past 10 minutes.

Some of you may remember the white supremacist who moved to a small town in North Dakota & planned to make it a whites only town. Well he seemed to have forgotten that up around them parts live some badass mofos called Ogalala Lakota (Sioux). They give nary a fug as evidenced by a group of grandmas that took the nazi's fuggin flag...

.thum_110855246c306f1dfa.jpg

The one on the right looking like she ready to get the switch!

#14 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

This one is personal...

Back when I was in college, a local radio host (Boogie D from 102jamz) would have what he called the "Stuff the Bus" campaign every Christmas. He worked with the USMC & their Toys for Tots program living & working in a bus until if was filled with toys for poor kids.

My classmates & I (Theatre Dept) decided to do some extra shows to raise money for toys. My Army buddy who won the lottery (Pretty sure I've mentioned it here but feel free to ask because I could live to be a million & I still won't be tired of telling that story) offered to match what we raised. When everything shook out, I was the only one left in town to do the shopping to pick up the toys.

I go to Toys R Us & since I'm trying to get as many toys as I can, I keep the price limit around $10 per figuring I can get cool poo & good variety. I fill up  one cart pretty quick. I take it to the service desk, explain what I'm doing, & ask if they can just watch it since I'm gonna be here a while. The manger overhears, & offers to help me by dividing the job between the two of us.

While we are doing this word spreads, about why there are a bunch of carts near the front of the store. When I go to check out, they open a register for my 15 carts (It was about 2 weeks before Christmas, so they were fairly busy), & we do that. THEN they point to about 12 more carts. While we were shopping, people were talking & a bunch of people I never even saw brought toys for me to take to the bus.

They wouldn't all fit in my car, so a guy with a truck that has a camper shell offers to take the rest. We get there & Boogie & the Marines see all of the toys & ask me about the donation. I tell them & everyone chokes up. While they're unloading everything, a Marine notices the Army sticker in my window and says "Not bad Army!" Later after many trips & his realizing how many toys there were, his mouth works & he sniffles a bit. I ask "You alright there Staff Sgt.? "Shaddap Army... Oorah."

#15 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

HUDDLER

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

http://espn.go.com/e...hy-johnson-boys

A girl who's brain works on a 3rd grade level is going to a special class in a high school. She gets bullied, doesn't want to go any more. Her mom reaches out to the QB of the football team because he worked with the girl when she went to the Special Olympics. Asked him check up on her every once in a while. Instead, he and the football team started hanging out with her on a regular basis, including eating lunch with her everyday.

Funny thing, the bullying stopped.

#16 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

HUDDLER

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

http://en.wikipedia....Nicholas_Winton

220px-Winton_Nicholas_4647.jpg

So during WWII, this guy gets involved with rescuing Jewish children from Nazi occupied Czechoslovakia. He helped to get them smuggled out, got them safe passage to England, found them homes. (Some of which became permanent after the holocaust.) credited with saving over 600, he never mentioned it. His wife found his notes tracked down a bunch of the kids. They felt his actions should be recognized, so they convinced him to appear on show (kinda like "This is Your Life") & talked about it. The hostess of the show then picks a name out of the book, and points out that the little girl he saved (now a woman) is sitting beside him. She asks if anyone else in the audience owes their lives to him & 30-40 people stand.

#17 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_3572975.html

So a guy in NYC sees a bunch of people streaming out of the subway. He knew something was up & he was "tired of senseless killing", so he ran into the station, found a crazy woman stabbing people & subdued her.

#18 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

HUDDLER

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Don_Ritchie

This guy lived near a cliff in Australia that was an infamous suicide spot. One day he decided to start going out to the people & talking to them, try to keep them from jumping. He is credited with saving at least 160 people.

Sometimes... He failed & the person would jump right in front of him.  He still went out there to try every time he saw someone contemplating it.