28 replies to this topic

#11 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

Your not alone. The panthers should win but I don't think anybody will be shocked if they lost. They have to win consistently to earn my trust. I'll still be at the game screaming my lungs out, but I don't walk into BOA expecting a win.

That is the thing.  I remember being at the St Louis game and when they came back to make it 20-12 I remember having doubts creep in.  But then we marched down the field and scored again to make it 27-12.  As I look at this team it really isn't the same team as the past 2 years.  Players expect to score and stop the opponent.  Look on defense.  When they give up a big play they come out on the next play angry and try to make up for the lapse.  There is a new attitude with this team where they expect to win and for good things to happen.  I for one am excited that we have turned a corner.  The attitude and chemistry on this team is the best I have seen in the Rivera era.

#12 Kyle82

Kyle82

• LocationRock Hill SC
HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

5-3 going to San Fran.....it's cool to be a Panther Fan again  ;)

#13 markbm62

markbm62

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationNew Mexico
HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

5-3 going to San Fran.....it's cool to be a Panther Fan again ;)

It has always been cool.

#14 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

It may just be the insecurity of years of losing, but I've got a feeling this game isn't going to be a blowout at all...

I feel it too.  It's going to take a couple of close wins where Cam hits the huddle needing a drive and a score, where we actually DO drive and score, and win, for me to shake that feeling.

Back in the teens, when we were down 2 with a minute and a half and the ball, there was this feeling like, "Ok, we've got them just where we want them!"  That was in Jake's heyday, and we haven't had that feeling here since the playoff disaster of 2008. 

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

Smitty 89 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Trufant + Alford

#16 logic1977

logic1977

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

not worried about the falcons.  Riverboat don't blame no games, every since he took over from stoic Ron things have been great

#17 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• LocationStatesville
HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

My thing is, our defensive line is so good.  The refs have slowed down on the holding calls, even though their blatant................especially the Bucs game.  So, lets hope they bring the flags or something.  

Ref sympathy showed up again in the Rams game. Blatant or not, they're not calling holding like they were in the early season games. I remember years ago, a not-holding, picked up flag was explained, that JP was "powering through" the o-lineman so there was no holding. Uh. Hello? Isn't that what good DT's do? Still doesn't mean it's ok for the o-lineman to grab him as he powers right by him on his way to the QB. It's a darn shame when you have to play against the refs and the opposing team.

BUT I doubt his guys will all listen to Nolan. There's more fire-in-the-gut than Smitty on the Panthers now. It's contagious. :rock:  However we celebrate whatever on the field, I hope our guys are smart enough to not do it with Falcon players near by.

Mitchell -----------------------> I'm looking at you.

#18 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

It may just be the insecurity of years of losing, but I've got a feeling this game isn't going to be a blowout at all...

I'm with you

#19 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationWNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

lol @ fear. Panthers will win.  It will be a blowout.

#20 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Games like this Thursday night one on right now are what make me nervous about playing teams we should beat

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Falcons, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users