Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Luke Kuechly defines what a freak is."

74 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Darin Gantt most accurately described Thomas Davis IMO....he is too quick and powerful for his body to handle it.

Davis IMO is the most physically talented LB in Panther history.

Luke has has great physical talent....but his instincts and film work make his game special along with the physics aspect

Posted · Report post

Patrick Willis often gets talked about as being one of the freakiest and his combine had a lot to do with that. Certainly one of the freakiest combine performance for a MLB.

Luke has basically the same or better combine and you don't hear anything about it.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Keek's athleticism is definitely underrated. You look at his combine numbers and they are pretty much ideal across the board for a 4-3 MLB. But, a freak? Not so sure about that. Guys like Cam, Peppers, Dontari Poe, Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis... those are freaks. Those guys have size/speed combos that just don't happen.

Posted · Report post

He doesn't look the part of an "athletic freak" because most "athletic freaks" are monsters. 

I think it is because he doesn't go for the highlight reel hit every possession and just wraps people up.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Keek's combine was not similar to Willis'. Keek ran in the 4.5s. Great for a LB, but not jaw dropping. When a 240+ guy runs in the 4.3s like Willis did, that is jaw dropping.

Posted · Report post

Well, he said freak- he didn't say athletic or physical freak.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

People don't consider him a freak because he is white, and that isn't part of the generally accepted white player description vocabulary.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yeah, maybe he REAALLY likes feet a la Rex Ryan?

Posted · Report post

Luke's #'s are more impressive than I thought.   That's badass.

Compare him to Vernon Davis... I know he's a freak.

Posted · Report post

this.

the way he's built mentally and physically and how he puts it all together is definitely freakish.

i have very little doubt that when he steps on the field that he very well may be the smartest guy on it for either team on either side of the ball. and i'm talking after having studied the other team's offense knowing what they are going to do and how best to counter that. you add in his physical abilities as far as strength and speed and agility and then add to that his leadership on the field and you have yourself one freakishly dangerous player.

we are ncredibly fortunate to have several freaks on this team, but esp. him and cam who are two of the most talented and dangerous players in the league.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Luke has basically the same or better combine and you don't hear anything about it.

his combine numbers were better than most db's