Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delhomme on Cam, Panthers, NFCS

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Damn, i must go to this game Sunday.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We need to get Jake on the Panthers radio team.

I would love that but Jake said he has many offers and turns them down so he can watch his kids play sports on the weekends.

Posted · Report post

What I loved most about Jake is he always left me surprised. Before 2003 the Panthers were a below average franchise that had every 50/50 moment go against them. Jake surprised me against the Jaguars and in most of the games after that. Jake and Foxy made 7-9 a bad season, there was a time when that was our best case scenario.

I always compared Jake to the legendary Ricky Bobby. He was either going to win the game, or crash the team trying to win the game. He had some epic meltdowns over the years but it was never for lack of daring or effort.

Posted · Report post

Jake's technical skill set puts him at the upper end of the middle of the pack for quarterbacks that have been NFL starters. But if you could measure leadership and heart, he'd be among the best ever.

Posted · Report post

Man, when Jake was good he was great. I always had hope at the end of the game that he would pull it out, and he would, more often than not. I'm finally starting to let the Arizona debacle hang back further in my mind and resume appreciating Jake for what he was to this organization: heart, fire, and a sheer will to win.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I bought my PSLs in 2003.  I remember always believing that Jake would find a way to win...and for many years he did.

It was an awesome time to be a Panthers fan.

It's too bad that my last memory of him was that meltdown with the Cardinals when his arm was clearly shot.

He was so close to winning that Superbowl, so close...it was heartbreaking but I will never ever forget that Jake gave me my money's worth for many years.

More than I can say for those who came before him at the position and I love Cam and I hope have he same memories of him too.  That's why we pay the money.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Another reason Jake was so good was the fact that we got him from New Orleans where he was a Cajun.

We went to a Superbowl with him while they sat idly by barely making it with Aaron Brooks.

He was on their fricken bench!

F you Louisiana.

Remember the Saint fans arguing Brooks was better?

Posted · Report post

Remember the Saint fans arguing Brooks was better?

Aaron Brooks = RG don't forget about me

Posted · Report post

Aaron Brooks = RG don't forget about me

Aaron Brooks = Master of the Backward Fumble

I saw him do that at least half a dozen times.

And then there's this...

[yt]SHIFLNWZBfA[/yt]

Posted · Report post

Yeah really ruin cam and have jake coach him.

Posted · Report post

Jake would be a great mentor, but I don't know about QB coach.

Posted · Report post

Jake was cluth yes, but he was carried by a GREAT GREAT defense...Love Jake but he is mediocre at best

Jake threw us into the playoffs in 2005. We had no running game at all and the defense was up and down. He was not mediocre from 2003-2006.

2 people like this