Photo
- - - - -

Enough hiding, get it out in the open

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#73 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

twylyght - Can I ask what you do for a living?

Computer geek... yourself?

#74 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

I believe most of the middle eastern countries do not have an income tax of any sort.....please go live and flourish in those bastions of freedom and democracy

Democracy... another term tossed around, often misused and poorly understood.  Democratic Republic is what this nation was founded to be.  Democracies can vote someone's rights away with a simple majority.  The republic that we were set up to be takes an amendment process to do that very thing.

Democracies are a room full of wolves and a single sheep deciding on what to do for dinner.  A republic is that same scenario where the sheep is armed and has the force of law behind them.

#75 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

From the social liberal website...again you guys are calling it one thing when it is another. Just say you are a republican that supports govt healthcare, gay rights and smoking cheeba. You are not a social liberal.

http://socialliberal...ial-liberalism/

Doesn't sound like Kurb, Fuzz, or anyone else who uses that inaccurate phrase

That definition of social liberal itself is contradictory if you include the last few words starting with "which in turn." The government needs to stay out of my life. The government needs to tell me what to do with healthcare and my own money.

The basic tenet is that we need to raise up those who are in need. All social liberals agree with this. The means to get to that (government programs vs other) is not a required part of the definition. If I support other means of doing this, I am still a social liberal.

#76 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

*posts to show Panthro he didn't get him*

#77 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

White Male

Grew up Christian, but have many questions that can't be answered.  Still call myself a Christian although I do not practice.  I do however think that most of the "stories/ideas" of Christianity are good, but not all.

Grandparents and Parents were dixicrats.  I was an R, but don't really have any leanings any longer as both the R's and the D's are crooks, and are for the most part one and the same.

I loath excessive government spending, and I don't think there is a shred of common sense left on Capitol Hill.

I feel that the middle class are way over taxed, but moreso, I feel that the government spends far too much money overall.