Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NC State rips off ECU's mid-field logo

64 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Are people in here actually talking ECU and NCSU smack?

W T F

Posted · Report post

Nor are they playing for a conference championship. Very strong possibility the state/unc players don't miss any family time during the holidays.

A CUSA title means a Liberty Bowl... Whoopee! ECU isn't in the ACC because they don't belong and that's the bottom line.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

A CUSA title means a Liberty Bowl... Whoopee! ECU isn't in the ACC because they don't belong and that's the bottom line.

ECU or UNC/State - which team has a greater chance of playing in a BCS game any time soon?

Posted · Report post

ECU or UNC/State - which team has a greater chance of playing in a BCS game any time soon?

Not ECU, that's for sure.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

False.

Posted · Report post

Not ECU, that's for sure.

Is it? ECU will be in a BCS conference next season. Go look at all the teams in the AAC next season and then go look at the ACC. ECU certainly has a higher probability to play in a BCS game.

I'm also a big unc fan, but I call stupidity out when I see it. This is where you come in.

Posted · Report post

Is it? ECU will be in a BCS conference next season. Go look at all the teams in the AAC next season and then go look at the ACC. ECU certainly has a higher probability to play in a BCS game.

I'm also a big unc fan, but I call stupidity out when I see it. This is where you come in.

AAC loses it's automatic BCS bid starting next year. Even still, I think ECU stands a better chance of making a BCS game before UNC or NCSU.

Hell, before ECU's kicker lost the Tulane game ECU was picked by many analysts to be a "BCS buster".

Posted · Report post

You're wrong once again, the former Big East Conference loses it's automatic bid after this year. So it would take an undefeated season with at least 1 quality win for ECU to make a BCS bowl.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

LMAO @ NC State.  Instead of blatantly ripping off our mid-field logo, if you really wanted to beat UNC, you should have put on purple jerseys and used some of our players, too.

Posted · Report post

BCS goes away after this season.

After 2013, the AAC's bowl access is pretty similar to that of CUSA and the MWC.

The AAC is not really a very good football conference, but it will be good for basketball as long as Cinci, Memphis, UCONN, and Temple are there.

For football they will have (starting in 2014):

Tulane - having an alright year this year, but they've been terrible for the last 12-15 years. They're a small private school that has regularly had less than 5,000 people at games (although they fudge the numbers to say they have over 10,000).

Tulsa - Usually pretty good, but having a bad year this year. Being a small private school with little support, who knows how they will recover.

SMU - Not very good and have limited fan support.

Houston - Usually pretty good and having a good year this year

ECU - usually mediocre to good. Rarely bad. Exceptional fan support.

Memphis - terrible. Always.

Temple - terrible. Always. Had 2 decent years with Golden before he left for Miami. They're back to awful.

USF - potential to be good (have been ranked as high as #2 before), but they're realllllllly bad right now and haven't been good for a few years.

UCF - Solid program.

Cinci - Solid program

Navy - service academies are struggling. They can be decent some years, but I'd never count on them carrying the conference.

UCONN - They won the big east a few years back, but they're awful this year. Have lost to two FCS programs I believe. Pretty sure they're still winless.

ECU has little shot at going to a BCS bowl unless they take care of business OOC. They have a nice slate of OOC games for the next several years, so it is possible, but they'd need to win most of those games and lose no more than 1 conference game to one of the other top conference teams if they wanted a realistic shot at a BCS game.

They have no chance at a national championship game in the new playoff system.

The ACC will be a pretty strong football conference going forward with FSU, Miami, Louisville, Clemson, and VT. You can usually count on a couple other programs at least being decent. I mean hell, the conference had 3 teams in the top 10 at one point this year. 4 if you include Louisville (since they'll be an ACC member next year).

That's pretty damn solid, and I say that as someone that does not like the ACC.

Posted · Report post

Agreed. The AAC won't be a bad conference.

ECU, UCF, Cincy, USF, Houston, & Tulsa all have the potential to hit it big any given year.  (Looking at big picture and not necessarily this season.)

Posted · Report post

LGaxHQ7.jpg
you tried

State got that one from Bucky Badger....Bucky-Badger-university-of-wisconsin-120