• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#46 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

Is it? ECU will be in a BCS conference next season. Go look at all the teams in the AAC next season and then go look at the ACC. ECU certainly has a higher probability to play in a BCS game.

I'm also a big unc fan, but I call stupidity out when I see it. This is where you come in.

BCS goes away after this season.

After 2013, the AAC's bowl access is pretty similar to that of CUSA and the MWC.

The AAC is not really a very good football conference, but it will be good for basketball as long as Cinci, Memphis, UCONN, and Temple are there.

For football they will have (starting in 2014):

Tulane - having an alright year this year, but they've been terrible for the last 12-15 years. They're a small private school that has regularly had less than 5,000 people at games (although they fudge the numbers to say they have over 10,000).

Tulsa - Usually pretty good, but having a bad year this year. Being a small private school with little support, who knows how they will recover.

SMU - Not very good and have limited fan support.

Houston - Usually pretty good and having a good year this year

ECU - usually mediocre to good. Rarely bad. Exceptional fan support.

Memphis - terrible. Always.

Temple - terrible. Always. Had 2 decent years with Golden before he left for Miami. They're back to awful.

USF - potential to be good (have been ranked as high as #2 before), but they're realllllllly bad right now and haven't been good for a few years.

UCF - Solid program.

Cinci - Solid program

Navy - service academies are struggling. They can be decent some years, but I'd never count on them carrying the conference.

UCONN - They won the big east a few years back, but they're awful this year. Have lost to two FCS programs I believe. Pretty sure they're still winless.

ECU has little shot at going to a BCS bowl unless they take care of business OOC. They have a nice slate of OOC games for the next several years, so it is possible, but they'd need to win most of those games and lose no more than 1 conference game to one of the other top conference teams if they wanted a realistic shot at a BCS game.

They have no chance at a national championship game in the new playoff system.

The ACC will be a pretty strong football conference going forward with FSU, Miami, Louisville, Clemson, and VT. You can usually count on a couple other programs at least being decent. I mean hell, the conference had 3 teams in the top 10 at one point this year. 4 if you include Louisville (since they'll be an ACC member next year).

That's pretty damn solid, and I say that as someone that does not like the ACC.

#47 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

Agreed. The AAC won't be a bad conference.

ECU, UCF, Cincy, USF, Houston, & Tulsa all have the potential to hit it big any given year.  (Looking at big picture and not necessarily this season.)

#48 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

Theirs but to do and die:

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

LGaxHQ7.jpg
you tried

State got that one from Bucky Badger....Bucky-Badger-university-of-wisconsin-120

#49 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,746 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

State got that one from Bucky Badger....Bucky-Badger-university-of-wisconsin-120

lol 1988

So no

#50 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,746 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

plus, you still copied it. hypocrites.

#51 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Agreed. The AAC won't be a bad conference.

ECU, UCF, Cincy, USF, Houston, & Tulsa all have the potential to hit it big any given year.  (Looking at big picture and not necessarily this season.)

It'll probably battle with the MWC most seasons to be the 6th best football conference. 

It should be a force in basketball though as long as there aren't any more defections.

UCONN is UCONN, Cinci is usually good, Memphis is always good, Temple is usually good.

SMU has a killer recruiting class coming in and Houston has a pretty solid class too.

UCF is usually respectable at worst. Tulsa is rarely good, but also rarely terrible.

Even ECU grabbed a 4 star player.

#52 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Mr TD is an idiot. Yeah. ECU has as much of a chance at a BCS bowl as ASU next year. Hey look the Big East finally let you guys in HAHAHAHA. Keep dreaming.

#53 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

lol 1988

So no

A simple wikipedia search will yield a year of 1940 for the bucky the badger logo.  They discontinued use of it in 2002.   

Correction they updated the logo in 2002 with the new Wisconsin "W".  

#54 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,746 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

A simple wikipedia search will yield a year of 1940 for the bucky the badger logo. They discontinued use of it in 2002.

Correction they updated the logo in 2002 with the new Wisconsin "W".

The trademark is 1988. You failed. Bucky was probably invented in 1940 but that logo wasn't.

#55 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

The as-yet unnamed Wisconsin mascot appeared as a human-like cartoon figure in University of Wisconsin publications in the 1930s.[1] The most familiar portrayal of Bucky Badger, wearing a "W" sweater and strutting forward with a fierce expression, was drawn by California-based commercial artist Art Evans in 1940, and first sold from Brown's Book Store in Madison.

The "strutting mascot" was drawn by Art Evans in the 1940s and sold to schools all over the country.  Its a popular logo.  Get over it.  State didn't come up with it.  

#56 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,746 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

As opposed to ECU inventing the outline of NC?

You copied. Its a popular logo. Get over it.

#57 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,317 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

The question now is, will NCSU keep the logo when ECU rolls into Carter-Finley?

If I were Yow I would take it off ASAP.  It will only give ECU players motivation, and could be a distraction for NCSU if they are asked about it all week.

Either way NCSU is going to have a tough time matching ECU's offensive assault.

#58 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,746 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

I wish they would. Let them get their jimmies rustled over gay poo.

#59 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,744 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

I wish they would bold it...piss them off even more. sucka ass bitches

#60 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,697 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

I wish they would bold it...piss them off even more. sucka ass bitches

That will be the only thing that amuses you that day...ECU will beat the hell out of State this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com