Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers WR Marvin McNutt

32 posts in this topic

Posted

If he can't block(or won't block) then he won't be playing for this team.... move along

Posted

Doesn't hurt. Anyone other than AE could probably replace LaFell

Posted

Doesn't hurt. Anyone other than AE could probably replace LaFell

Prove it

Posted

Prove it

Get Chuck some pads!
1 person likes this

Posted

Prove it

quit quoting me. I know you're in love with me but Im not like that.

Posted

quit quoting me. I know you're in love with me but Im not like that.

I was just asking you to prove how anyone else besides armanti Edwards is better than lafell, why can't you back up your statement?

Posted

We need the Lord of Light up in herrre

Posted

I want McNutt to bust out ballin'.

Posted

You can't just toss someone into a game..has to learn the playbook, checks and audibles for not just routes but also blocking assignments. He has to develop chemistry with the QB, and he has to do all of those things consistently.

A skill position is a tough one to just learn from team to team. This team has been going with this scheme since the spring, don't expect playing time from a guy that just came here, especially when we've won a couple in a row and have a chemistry the coaching staff likes.

It's not like basketball or baseball, or even a lineman position where you can really just get tossed out there

Posted

all I know is that D. Gettlmania was the director of pro player scouting not college kids so I take interest in our pick ups from other pro squads which also means their practice squads

Posted

McNutt is gonna bust a nutt.

Posted

I don't know why people think LaFell is such a horrible #2 wide receiver. He blocks, he catches the ball mostly, and he runs good routes. Smitty-Moose WR tandems don't fall out of the sky like gringos, and they aren't very commonplace in the NFL. If your #2 is the superstar y'all want him to be, he'll only be your #2 until his first contract opportunity, then he'll bolt to go somewhere else, which is exactly what Moose did here, and a slew of others have done over the history of the league. Greg Olsen is actually our #2 receiving option even though he's a TE, which makes LaFell #3, and Ginn #4. We could be doing a lot worse as far as receiving options go. Add in Tolbert who is a fuging bowling ball that catches really, really well out if the backfield, and you'll see Cam has a decent arsenal at his disposal.

1 person likes this