carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,962 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Prove it

quit quoting me. I know you're in love with me but Im not like that.

#18 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

quit quoting me. I know you're in love with me but Im not like that.

I was just asking you to prove how anyone else besides armanti Edwards is better than lafell, why can't you back up your statement?

#19 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

We need the Lord of Light up in herrre

#20 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,845 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

I want McNutt to bust out ballin'.

#21 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

You can't just toss someone into a game..has to learn the playbook, checks and audibles for not just routes but also blocking assignments. He has to develop chemistry with the QB, and he has to do all of those things consistently.

A skill position is a tough one to just learn from team to team. This team has been going with this scheme since the spring, don't expect playing time from a guy that just came here, especially when we've won a couple in a row and have a chemistry the coaching staff likes.

It's not like basketball or baseball, or even a lineman position where you can really just get tossed out there

#22 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

all I know is that D. Gettlmania was the director of pro player scouting not college kids so I take interest in our pick ups from other pro squads which also means their practice squads

#23 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

McNutt is gonna bust a nutt.

#24 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

I don't know why people think LaFell is such a horrible #2 wide receiver. He blocks, he catches the ball mostly, and he runs good routes. Smitty-Moose WR tandems don't fall out of the sky like gringos, and they aren't very commonplace in the NFL. If your #2 is the superstar y'all want him to be, he'll only be your #2 until his first contract opportunity, then he'll bolt to go somewhere else, which is exactly what Moose did here, and a slew of others have done over the history of the league. Greg Olsen is actually our #2 receiving option even though he's a TE, which makes LaFell #3, and Ginn #4. We could be doing a lot worse as far as receiving options go. Add in Tolbert who is a fuging bowling ball that catches really, really well out if the backfield, and you'll see Cam has a decent arsenal at his disposal.

#25 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,536 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

I don't know why people think LaFell is such a horrible #2 wide receiver. He blocks, he catches the ball mostly, and he runs good routes. Smitty-Moose WR tandems don't fall out of the sky like gringos, and they aren't very commonplace in the NFL. If your #2 is the superstar y'all want him to be, he'll only be your #2 until his first contract opportunity, then he'll bolt to go somewhere else, which is exactly what Moose did here, and a slew of others have done over the history of the league. Greg Olsen is actually our #2 receiving option even though he's a TE, which makes LaFell #3, and Ginn #4. We could be doing a lot worse as far as receiving options go. Add in Tolbert who is a fuging bowling ball that catches really, really well out if the backfield, and you'll see Cam has a decent arsenal at his disposal.

he's not. mouth breathers that don't know anything about football but post loudly think roddy white/julio jones-type combos are the norm rather than the exception. lafell is squarely middle-of-the-pack as far as #2WRs in the NFL go. of course it'd be nice to see him separate with more consistency but it's not like he's the useless shitbird some make him out to be either

#26 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,355 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

he's not. mouth breathers that don't know anything about football but post loudly think roddy white/julio jones-type combos are the norm rather than the exception. lafell is squarely middle-of-the-pack as far as #2WRs in the NFL go. of course it'd be nice to see him separate with more consistency but it's not like he's the useless shitbird some make him out to be either

I wouldn't exactly call myself a "mouth breather", and, yes, Jones-White may not be the norm, but I do believe this list means something (though I haven't quite figured out what):

Anquan Boldin  and Torrey Smith (and Dennis Pitta)

Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz (and Mario Manningham)

Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson (and James Jones and Donald Driver and Jermichael Finley)

Marques Colston and Lance Moore (and Jeremy Shockey and Devery Henderson)

Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes (and Nate Washington  and Heath Miller)

Plaxico Burress and Armani Toomer (and Jeremy Shockey)

Steve Smith and Brandon LaFell (And Tedd Ginn and Greg Olsen)?  I don't know. Maybe.

#27 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,298 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hey, I'd like to stay with LaFell instead of using a second or third rounder on another WR but Brandon is inconsistent as hell. It's either he drops drive/game-killing passes or he has a breakout game and disappears for what feels like a fort night.

I don't trust him.

#28 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,661 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

Does anyone know how Panthers new WR obtained from Miami's Practice squad is doing? With the right amount of coaching, I am wondering if he couldn't be a replacement for Lafell,if the need occurred.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS McNutt is reliable to get his hands on the ball and make a tough catch when it’s thrown anywhere near him. He has good awareness to get open on broken plays and drag his feet along the sidelines. He is a viable possession-type option for quarterbacks looking to pick up a quick first down.
WEAKNESSES McNutt can struggle when running routes across the middle. There are consistency and effort issues when blocking and running decoy routes that aren’t intended to him, and he can struggle off the line if he isn’t decisive and powerful with his first step.

http://www.nfl.com/c...nutt?id=2532909

his weaknesses make him the anti lafell

#29 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

Surprised there is more people clamoring for McNutt then there is Tavveres King.  I mean King actually got drafted this year, and had the Packers trying to steal him away to replace Cobb.

#30 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,298 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

Surprised there is more people clamoring for McNutt then there is Tavveres King. I mean King actually got drafted this year, and had the Packers trying to steal him away to replace Cobb.

It'll be interesting to see him for sure, but I doubt King runs onto field until December. I'm not expecting much though. He appears to be the equivalent of Kearse from The Seahawks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com