Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,940 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

http://hosted2.ap.or...b0b0673dfaec1ec

Starvation, poverty, flooding, heat waves, droughts, war and disease already lead to human tragedies. They're likely to worsen as the world warms from man-made climate change, a leaked draft of an international scientific report forecasts.

The Nobel Peace Prize-winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change will issue a report next March on how global warming is already affecting the way people live and what will happen in the future, including a worldwide drop in income. A leaked copy of a draft of the summary of the report appeared online Friday on a climate skeptic's website. Governments will spend the next few months making comments about the draft.

This will occur everywhere but in NC, where it is against the law to use such information, therefore it must be ignored. Don't worry, as long as you ignore the report, none of these things will happen to you, as long as you live in NC.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/05/news/la-ol-north-carolina-may-ban-global-warming-study-20120605

Now the state’s Legislature is considering a law that would, for all intents and purposes, give all the legislators doctorates in climatology. Because the law allows the Legislature to decide what is useful scientific data and what isn’t.

As a coastal state, North Carolina faces the same global climate challenges of rising sea levels and turbulent weather that island countries and other coastal regions have begun to confront, and to ask what to do next: Do they build walls? Draw their population inland and upland?

Here's the NC solution: pretend it’s not happening. Pass a law saying it can't happen because we say it can't. Which is to say, ban any government agency from using the standard scientific tools like extrapolating data to figure out what's happening, and thus avoid all those scary, silly scientific facts and figures.

Global warming? Flooding seas? Not in North Carolina. Why? Because they say so, that's why.

#2 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

now that u mention it. I am kinda warm

#3 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,133 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

our coastal ecosystem is incredibly fragile because of the uniqueness of its waterways and the extent to which foodsystems rely on a level of stasis in coastal margins.

i really have never truly understood the mass-scale aversion to global warming as a reality. i mean i have - back when i was in college republicans and railing against all the LIEberal policies that ruin the world i just knew that it was a left-wing lie designed simply to fool the public and scare them into voting democrat - but i like to think that i and my ilk at the time were on the fringe of the sphere of public opinion.

why, realistically, would anyone be opposed to making a few changes in light of this evidence? i'd be interested in hearing substantive responses from those who oppose such measures.

#4 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

Damn sun

#5 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,639 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

All the scientists in the world are liars who are just stealing your money

All the black people in the world are liars who are just stealing your money

All the government workers in the world are liars who are just stealing your money

All the feminists in the world are liars who are just stealing your money

#6 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,940 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

All the black people in the world are liars who are just stealing your money

All the government workers in the world are liars who are just stealing your money

All the feminists in the world are liars who are just stealing your money

g5 has finally gotten through to you...lol....

#7 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,922 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

I don't argue that the earth is warming in the short term.

What I doubt is that we know if 

1) It is a long term trend

2) It is man made

3) It matters

20 years ago I was told to expect global cooling

http://denisdutton.c...oolingworld.pdf

8 years ago I read that massive hurricanes were the new norm and to expect sudden and drastic changes in the world due to global warming.

day+after+tomorrow.jpg

Now global warming is expected to take a 35 year break due to natural 300 year cycles and solar flares. And actual increases have been way less than expected

http://www.dailymail...ed-recover.html

http://dailycaller.c...little-ice-age/

Basically everyone has a side in this without any understanding of what is going on. Too many agendas

So I do not believe we should be spending any money or passing any legislation based on global warming data. I have seen nothing to convince me that greenhouse gasses are a legitimate problem.

I have no issue however with making our world cleaner. Our population may eventually get so big that it does serious damage to the earth although I imagine we will fix that problem on our own.

#8 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

All the government workers in the world are liars who are just stealing your money.

It's about time you started catching on.

#9 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

2) It is man made

3) It matters

8 years ago I read that massive hurricanes were the new norm and to expect sudden and drastic changes in the world due to global warming.

day+after+tomorrow.jpg

Now global warming is expected to take a 35 year break due to natural 300 year cycles and solar flares. And actual increases have been way less than expected

Basically everyone has a side in this without any understanding of what is going on. Too many agendas

So I do not believe we should be spending any money or passing any legislation based on global warming data. I have seen nothing to convince me that greenhouse gasses are a legitimate problem.

I have no issue however with making our world cleaner. Our population may eventually get so big that it does serious damage to the earth although I imagine we will fix that problem on our own.

This is my thoughts as well.

I don't mind cleaning up our acts, I just have a hard time justifying the amount of money and time that people put into "climate change".

#10 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

2) It is man made

3) It matters

day+after+tomorrow.jpg

Yes. By dying in mass. Perhaps to the point of extinction.

#11 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

Delhommey finally hit a point. Doesn't mean he actually understands the issue... Just that he stumbled across a kernel of truth in a log of ish

#12 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,133 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

arguably the principle factor that allowed for the sustainment of domestication from which arose complex societies ~ 7k years ago was stabilizing coastal margins. say what you will about temperature fluctuations and whether or not they are manmade, but regardless of cause the effects should not be ignored by anyone. due to earth's population size there exists much more expansive consequences to ecological changes (in terms of raw numbers) than at any point in the past.

#13 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Want to make social changes? Do it the moral way by educating and convincing people to change. Forcing people to change at the end of a gun is evil, no matter how noble your intentions are. I changed my habits. I conserve energy when i can, i recycle, and i sold my gas guzzling F150. And NOT because some dirty politician made me. 

#14 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,639 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

How many of your habits have been changed at the end of a gun exactly?

#15 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

How many of your habits have been changed at the end of a gun exactly?

All Laws are enforced with threat of Government violence. We pay taxes or we lose our freedom. We do not engage in destructive behavior or we lose our freedom. It's simple really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com