Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,103 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

...certainly throws a beautiful pass.

But is he built to be / can he make it as / does he have what it takes to become an NFL quarterback?

Convince me yea or nay.

#2 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

I think he could be a decent player in the NFL, but he can't seem to win in college, that is his only issue. I'd say he will equate to a very good career backup, someone like the McCowns.

#3 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,683 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

Highly thought of two years ago. Now, I dont know what to make out of him.

No. Give me Logan Thomas next year in the 3rd or 4th.

#4 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

Highly thought of two years ago. Now, I dont know what to make out of him.

No. Give me Logan Thomas next year in the 3rd or 4th.

Logan Thomas is literally awful.

Just read some of this stuff on rotoworld.

NFL.com's Mike Huguenin writes that it is "becoming increasingly evident that [Virginia Tech senior QB Logan] Thomas' impressive 2011 season was the aberration."
Huguenin inked an article last week that praised Thomas for his strong play in October, but the senior's disastrous outing in VT's upset loss to Duke on Saturday (0 TD, 4 INT) prompted the scribe to essentially write a retraction. Thomas, who is often compared to Cam Newton physically, has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns in his fifth year on campus. "In short, the intangibles don't seem to be there," wrote Huguenin. Oct 28 - 7:49 PM

Virginia Tech senior QB Logan Thomas is listed in the third tier of draft-eligible prospects at the position by ESPN's Todd McShay.
Thomas lands ahead of the fourth tier, which is designated by a "day three" tag. "From his size to his arm strength to his ability to spin the ball to his mobility, Thomas has everything you look for in terms of physical qualities," McShay explains. "But he has to show more consistency. No QB in this class produces more varied opinions -- some scouts still love him, and some have completely written him off." Thomas is currently undraftable from a passing standpoint, but we have conceded to the fact that he will be selected earlier than his play indicates.

#5 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,683 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Logan Thomas is literally awful.

Just read some of this stuff on rotoworld.

NFL.com's Mike Huguenin writes that it is "becoming increasingly evident that [Virginia Tech senior QB Logan] Thomas' impressive 2011 season was the aberration."
Huguenin inked an article last week that praised Thomas for his strong play in October, but the senior's disastrous outing in VT's upset loss to Duke on Saturday (0 TD, 4 INT) prompted the scribe to essentially write a retraction. Thomas, who is often compared to Cam Newton physically, has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns in his fifth year on campus. "In short, the intangibles don't seem to be there," wrote Huguenin. Oct 28 - 7:49 PM

Virginia Tech senior QB Logan Thomas is listed in the third tier of draft-eligible prospects at the position by ESPN's Todd McShay.
Thomas lands ahead of the fourth tier, which is designated by a "day three" tag. "From his size to his arm strength to his ability to spin the ball to his mobility, Thomas has everything you look for in terms of physical qualities," McShay explains. "But he has to show more consistency. No QB in this class produces more varied opinions -- some scouts still love him, and some have completely written him off." Thomas is currently undraftable from a passing standpoint, but we have conceded to the fact that he will be selected earlier than his play indicates.

I look at him as a project. That's why if he's there in the late 3rd or 4th, you take him. He also is huge in size and a mobile QB similar to Cam, but not Cam.

#6 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

I look at him as a project. That's why if he's there in the late 3rd or 4th, you take him. He also is huge in size and a mobile QB similar to Cam, but not Cam.

Josh Norris thinks that he will come into the NFL as a TE, he's so bad.

#7 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,683 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Josh Norris thinks that he will come into the NFL as a TE, he's so bad.

I'll take him as a TE. But, I think some teams will like his size and mobility too much as a QB. I mean he aint AE or Denard Robinson.

#8 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

I'll take him as a TE. But, I think some teams will like his size and mobility too much as a QB. I mean he aint AE or Denard Robinson.

I wouldn't mind him as a TE, either. He's fast for his size. But as a QB? No way in hell.

I think he could be a Jordan Reed type player.

#9 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

The only way Logan Thomas would be a NFL QB is if he was hypnotized to believe he is always playing "the U". for some reason, he lights them up and only them. he sucks against everyone else

#10 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

Thomas came into Tech as a TE convert to QB.  It's actually said he wanted to play TE in college.  

#11 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

@SportsCenter: Georgia QB Aaron Murray will have surgery Tuesday to repair torn ACL in his left knee.

#12 Camsfanclub

Camsfanclub

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

Once again its proven it hurts to come back for year senior year. 

#13 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,103 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

Ooooohhh... :(

#14 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,573 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

Once again its proven it hurts to come back for year senior year.

Yep, I whole heartly believe you go when that opportunity comes knocking.hate it for him tho,lost some money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com