Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Panthers - Falcons Gameday Thread

1,863 posts in this topic

Posted

Im trying not to get my hopes up but it is hard. We should blow them out.

Posted

@RapSheet: #Falcons WR Roddy White (ankle, hamstring) does not expect to play today, barring significant improvement. Trying to get fully healthy

1 person likes this

Posted

This could be the game that we get down early and need to come back:

*For six seasons, Atlanta coach Mike Smith has preached a “start fast” gospel, and the good news for the Falcons is that, for the most part, they have heeded that message. In only one of Smith’s first five seasons with the franchise, 2010 (and then only by six points), was Atlanta outscored by its opponents in the first quarter. Over that five-year stretch, the Falcons held a plus-38.8 advantage over their opponents in the opening quarter. This season, the Falcons have again outscored opponents in the first quarter, 44-3. That 41-point edge is the largest disparity in the NFL in the opening quarter, even more than that rung up by the prolific Denver Broncos (plus-22). Yet the Falcons are 2-5 entering Sunday’s game at Carolina largely because they’ve been outscored in each of the other three quarters – 50-81 in the second, 21-40 in the third and 51-60 for the fourth. The Falcons have been so dominant in the first quarter that they’ve allowed opponents only a dozen possessions. Eight ended on punts, two on turnovers, and one on downs. The lone first-quarter points against Atlanta came on a 22-yard field goal by Nick Folk of the New York Jets on Oct. 7, in the fifth game of the season.

Follow @footballpost on Twitter for the latest news

If we are going to be a playoff team AND make a run, we need to be able to be confident that we can come from behind, if necessary. This may be the game where we start that process.

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

I think we're confidant.  I think our guys are enjoying the taste of winning so much, paired with a team

they don't like, that we romp.  The broken-hearted Falcons realize their season is over.

1 person likes this

Posted

Falcon fans reporting White doesn't expect to play today

2 people like this

Posted

pulled-pork-to-be in the slow cooker since 5ish....homemade cole slaw chilling in the fridge.... banquet beer at the ready

Its failcon whoopin' time

Get your worthless underachieving asses off our field and outta our state!!!  You Atlantan parasites need to exit the Charlotte city limits with your tails tucked and your teeth kicked (metaphorically of course... unless your run your mouth, then, well...).

1 person likes this

Posted

Our D haven't allowed a TD in the first HALF this ENTIRE YEAR.... If they keep that streak alive, everything will be coming up roses.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

1. image_normal.jpgJay Glazer @JayGlazer 1h Matt Ryan officially out, listed on the injury report as suffering from nightmares and bed wetting.

7 people like this

Posted

Should the Panthers have an epic collapse like last year in Atlanta, maybe I'll have the motivation to remove an old couch from my living room.  Last year it was my front porch swing.

Posted

fug THE FAILCUNTS!