Photo
- - - - -

Brian Billick -> here is a freaking chart for Cam's "flat ball" (season long observation, not a gameday)

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

Physik_trajectory_of_the_throwing_knife.

....it's call arm strength, unlike Matty Noodles, his balls don't loose it's spunk....

#2 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Cam's just been missing high today.

It happens.

He - and we - are good enough to win when he plays like that.

But we'll need him on target in coming weeks, and I think he will be.

#3 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,432 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

I just had a seizure.

#4 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,433 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Off game. Oh well. Glad we can finally win when Cam has "off days" shows what we are made of and that we have finally turned the corner

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#5 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

The point that he's making, and it's a correct one, is that flat throws provide less of a margin for error. They travel faster and don't allow WR to adjust beneath the ball. You don't throw a ball of trash into a garbage can as hard as you can throw it. You put some loft on it and drop it in. On throws where Cam has guys uncontested down the field, he needs to get better at dropping it behind coverage and not trying to put it on a line directly to his guy. The margin for error is more negotiable that way. There are a lot of throws that need that urgent delivery, but there are a lot that don't too. Cam throws the ball as hard as he can virtually all the time. Part of learning to be a great QB is touch passing. He'll get there, but Billick's observations are spot on.

#6 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

I love that an off day from our QB is 2 TDs and nearly 300 yards total.

I mean, it was an off day - he was missing high, or that game would have been even more of a blow out - but it's nice to have that kind of quality of player.

It's also nice to have a D that can recover from INTs.

I remember last year when we had posters here saying that no team ever wins when QBs have turnovers.  Welp, that's bullshit...All the great QBs have off days but they find ways to put up points and their team finds ways to win.

We won't get away with playing like this vs NE or SF, but that's okay.  One game at a time, and this was a good one.

#7 jopie87

jopie87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationStanton, Ca

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

I am not smart enough to understand that graph.

#8 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

I swear it seems as if there is sme desire to always put Cam's week performance under a damn magnifying glass. FYI, every QB has idiosyncrasies that cause them to do things. I don't get why you folks believe Cam needs to get rid of his or he fails as a QB. Every week someone finds somethng wrong with Cam the person or his game. It's getting fugging ridiculous.

Your team WON despite Cam's two Int. What that says to me is this team is growing and maturing as a team. They are not defining their win on their QB's mistake free game nor should you. What I see is a team finally figuring out that winning isn't just about Cam having a good day. it's all hands on deck every single week. IMO, all you folks are doing is making it easy for those who already label Cam a "BUST" and is doing everything in their power to prove themselves right.

34-10 Panthers is the score. Well done Panthers. Get off of Cam's manhood Panthers' fans.

#9 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

wait, wait . . meters?

lol waht time you going to the disco later, man. . its going to be uber, ya. . dollar fifty Gamipgamaaaaash!

#10 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

I love that an off day from our QB is 2 TDs and nearly 300 yards total.

I mean, it was an off day - he was missing high, or that game would have been even more of a blow out - but it's nice to have that kind of quality of player.

It's also nice to have a D that can recover from INTs.

I remember last year when we had posters here saying that no team ever wins when QBs have turnovers.  Welp, that's bullshit...All the great QBs have off days but they find ways to put up points and their team finds ways to win.

We won't get away with playing like this vs NE or SF, but that's okay.  One game at a time, and this was a good one.

I am glad you're coming around. I read your first post, when Cam threw that first INT.

Anyway, I am so proud of this team. They seem to be turning that corner and gaining more and more confidence with every win. The Panthers have won 4 games in a row with a 30 plus win. Cam is no longer seriously carrying this team. ALL HANDS ARE FINALLY ON DECK.

Keep it up Panthers..Enjoy the win.

#11 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

Smith also gave up on that Corner TD throw. It was obvious it was a corner throw to the endzone the entire time. That wasn't on Cam.

#12 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,951 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Pull up Jeff Blake highlights to see the opposite..crazy air on deep balls. They used to go off the screen.

Cam does throw a flat pass and has a hard time on fade routes...of course it is more difficult when the WR on the fade is 5'9.

Even the pass that Lafell one handed was flat when that route requires more of a touch pass. That pass had deflected int all over it.

#13 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

What in the hell

#14 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,478 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Smith also gave up on that Corner TD throw. It was obvious it was a corner throw to the endzone the entire time. That wasn't on Cam.

Yeah, that was pretty clear.

The DB damn sure didn't give up on it.

#15 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

It's part of Cam's continued development.  Like a lot of young, big armed QBs, he's having to learn when to take something off of it.  Most young QBs with big arms struggle with inconsistent accuracy early in their careers.  They rely too much on their arm.  Cam has done a great job of getting away from that in recent weeks, but he fell back into it today.  I think a lot of it comes down to that he was trying to show out against his hometown team.  When he lets the game come to him, there are few better in the game.  When he presses and tries to do to much, you can still see how raw he as a pure passer.  He's gonna get a lot better folks, and it's gonna get scary for the other 31 teams.

Oh, and Matty Ryan's rainbow balls lead to 3 INTs including a pick 6 today.  It's nice to have a QB that has the arm to zap one in there when it's needed and doesn't have to rely on being able to lob one in there.  It's a lot tougher to pick off a laser beam.  It's not a coincidence that both of Cam's INTs were on lobs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com