Photo
- - - - -

Brian Billick -> here is a freaking chart for Cam's "flat ball" (season long observation, not a gameday)

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

We are undefeated when Brian Billick does our games. He's my favorite color commentator this year.

#32 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,920 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

Also on a weird note... We have won every game billick announced so far

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

and they will call the niner game as well.

expect to hear more about how smith taunts corners and #59 on the niners will be called Kuechly

#33 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Seemed pretty objective to me.

Must be listening to the game through homer ears

Honestly I had the same impression so I don't think he's listening through homer ears, at least when it came to penalties etc...

#34 MCC

MCC

• ALL-PRO
  • 862 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

It's obvious why Billick isn't coaching in the NFL anymore. 

It seems like that fugger can hardly see the game. 

People over the age of 50 shouldn't be allowed to call games...

#35 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

Off game. Oh well. Glad we can finally win when Cam has "off days" shows what we are made of and that we have finally turned the corner

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I wouldn't say it was an off day specifically.  In the past couple of games, most of Cam's passes were short and quick.  Today he threw mostly deep passes.  A good bit of them were off the mark, and humming at 100 mph.  This isn't something new, but Cam's been struggling with this part of his throwing game for a while.  He's had problems throwing touch passes.  Even some of the screen passes and short passes hum at 100 mph. 

#36 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

Cam wasnt that bad today.

Not at all.

He was average.

And if we can always get 250 yards passing, 1 passing TD, 1 rush TD, with 1 int (the 2nd one was Smitty's fault) out of him on his "average" days, I'll take it.

#37 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

The point that he's making, and it's a correct one, is that flat throws provide less of a margin for error. They travel faster and don't allow WR to adjust beneath the ball. You don't throw a ball of trash into a garbage can as hard as you can throw it. You put some loft on it and drop it in. On throws where Cam has guys uncontested down the field, he needs to get better at dropping it behind coverage and not trying to put it on a line directly to his guy. The margin for error is more negotiable that way. There are a lot of throws that need that urgent delivery, but there are a lot that don't too. Cam throws the ball as hard as he can virtually all the time. Part of learning to be a great QB is touch passing. He'll get there, but Billick's observations are spot on.

I have said this too.  Cam is a good QB and continues to grow but he needs to let his WR run under the ball.

That is a very tough art.  If anyone has ever played QB before you know how hard it is to lead a WR especially with the speed that Ginn and Smitty have.    He'll get better.

#38 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

It's obvious why Billick isn't coaching in the NFL anymore. 

It seems like that fugger can hardly see the game. 

People over the age of 50 shouldn't be allowed to call games...

What are you talking about?  Billick knows what he is talking about.  And he is 100% correct on Cam in this case.  I'm sure Cam would agree with him too.  He does need to use more touch on some of this throws.  This is not a big secret or some big conspiracy.  

#39 MCC

MCC

• ALL-PRO
  • 862 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

What are you talking about?  Billick knows what he is talking about.  And he is 100% correct on Cam in this case.  I'm sure Cam would agree with him too.  He does need to use more touch on some of this throws.  This is not a big secret or some big conspiracy.  

I was talking more in general. If you can stand to listen to Billick commentate the game and enjoy it, that really says a lot about you to me.. 

But in regards to his statement about a "flat ball" by Cam; he said the same thing after almost every incomplete pass, just beating a dead horse, even when it wasn't the case.  

Cam may have thrown a few balls that needed a little more air on them, but not near as much as Billick claimed.  

#40 Bishop

Bishop

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

Cam's 6'5 and his favorite target is 5'9 the reality of it are some of his passes are gonna be high when throwing to Steve. The other passes I think soared due to the fact his was antsy with the mechanics. 

#41 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

Dropping balls in a bucket worked out real well for Wienke......

#42 QueensKing

QueensKing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

Billick continuously made negative comments about Cam's mechanics/arc/decision making, which were not all bad observations. 

The PROBLEM is when Matt Ryan played much worse than Cam, and made even worse decisions, but was not attacked, and almost ignored.  It's a level of respect and credibility that some get that Cam doesn't get.  Matt Ryan made horrible throws, three int, and a pick six, and was forcing everything to Gonzales. 

Neither QB was great yesterday, but Ryan was outclassed by Cam yesterday, and if Billick was objective, he would've been much more fair with his criticism. 

#43 TrueBlackandBlue

TrueBlackandBlue

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

Smith also gave up on that Corner TD throw. It was obvious it was a corner throw to the endzone the entire time. That wasn't on Cam.

Rivera said in the post game that Steve was running a stop route and Cam missed that read.

#44 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,797 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

You should have made this into a pie chart of sorts.

#45 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Cam was late with his throw to Ginn on the deep route, or he could have led him more to the sideline. But with that being said, I really thought Ginn could have made a better play on that INT. The ball was in the air for awhile, and he totally misplayed it. How can a ball thrown 40+ yards end up being behind you so you can only reach back with one hand? You have to be able to adjust to the ball better than that. Worst case, knock it down for your QB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com