Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathon Martin

459 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Where in that article does it say he was released?

Posted · Report post

He's nothing special but he'd be an upgrade at RT.

I don't fault him for walking out, sounds like he had put up with a year and half worth of harassment and general douchebag behavior and finally got tired of it.

I'd at least look into him further if/when he gets released.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

There's a limit to things.

It may just be how I was raised up. I just dont believe in hazing. Adults need to act like adults. People talk about "bullying" in schools all the time, but they wanna act like this is different. It's not.

Probably because you were always the one being hazed.

Posted · Report post

That whole locker room is a big mess.  Theres having rookies and other guys paying for lunch or dinner, that happens, but to continue to use them as ATM machines and then stick 30k bills to a rookie player making minimum to the point hes broke is overdoing it.  Then the reports of Incognito allegedly saying racial comments and threats isn't helping.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yeah usually these things are solved with fists but people crazy today. What if he puts a gun in your face? You going to the cops and hurting the team? It's all speculation but I'm giving Jonathan Martin the benefit of the doubt here. At some point quality of life is more important than a 9-7 season(at best). Winning isn't everything when someone is robbing you repeatedly.

Posted · Report post

There is apparently text and cell phone message evidence that will probably never be released to the public but I bet the NFL heard it and asked the Dolphins to suspend Incognito during the investigation.

Posted · Report post

If these new allegations are true and Martin leaves the Dolphins, I'll take Martin.  In normal situations, if someone was messing with you, you would fight them back.  Yet when faced with unexpected situations, like facing serious racial discimination type stuff or what have you, it's not uncommon if a person doesn't quite know how to handle it.  I don't know if Martin is a gentle giant or not, refusing to fight someone, but I can understand if he didn't quite know how to handle discrimination.  Plus like with everyone been saying, he would be an upgrade at RT.

Yet whether or not these allegations are true, most of the league hate Ritchie's guts anyway.  They were looking for a reason to take it to him.  For Incognito's safety, this suspension was probably for the best.  I was fully expecting the Panthers to target him when they played the Dolphins.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sounds like he's a huge puss....

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

sounds more like incognito needs to get his ass kicked.

blaming the the guy getting bullied for getting bullied is almost as bad as blaming a rape victim for getting raped.

abuse is abuse and the abuser is always the one to blame and is always the one who should be punished. it's unfortunate that society blames the weak or those who won't or can't fight back for getting taken advantage of.

it's not surprising that there are those who blame martin for this happening.

These guys are gigantic grown men.  Nobody should be able to bully an NFL offensive lineman.  Did the guy not think he was going to get hazed as a rookie?  It happens to everyone.

Granted, Incognito is a world-renowned a$$hole... so maybe he took it too far... but if anyone should have kicked Incognito's ass, it's Martin.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He isn't a rookie