458 replies to this topic

#136 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

thats why i said he needs to be charged and thrown in prison.

hate crime, violent threats, and stealing of money through intimidation.

Might very well be able to add assault to the charges.

#137 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Assuming Martin brought some or all of this to the attention of the front office, what punishment does the organization deserve from the league for failing to take the issue of harassment seriously?

#138 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,351 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

Reports are that Martin brought up this problem back in training camp to their HC but nothing was really done about it.

#139 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

If the guy posting on a Fins board really is Incognito's dad and hes right that Martin has considered suicide multiple times, then woof

#140 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,965 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Not sure if it is totally accurate, but there is info on the internet about the transcripts of some of Incognito's voice mail messages that he left Martin. Here was one that I found:

Here is what he allegedly left for Martin in April of this year:

"Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of s---. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [I want to] s--- in your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F--- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

If this is trui, Incognito is a bigger POS than anyone thought.

#141 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

If the guy posting on a Fins board really is Incognito's dad and hes right that Martin has considered suicide multiple times, then woof

If true, why the hell does his son keep pushing him? 

Seems like his dad (if him) is trying to help his son but is making him look like an even bigger asshole.  I guess that family only got two brain cells and couldent decide who to get them so left them on the table.

#142 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,446 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

It sounds like Martin just isn't a social guy, just doesn't fit into the culture of football. This is an interesting issue, because where ever the guy goes people are going to act in a certain way towards him. He probably thinks that people are always picking on him, judging him, or messing with him.

My guess is that the guy has some mental health issues, which is absolutely fine. But it does create an awkward atmosphere, especially in a locker room I am assuming, when issues like this are public and known.

Eh. I dunno what to think of it, and I will be interested to see what the NFLPA comes up with. As we all know, BMarshall has come out in support of mental health, so it is a topic of interest now in football.

I wouldn't be so quick to write it off as a mental issue. Thats an easily dismissive way of ignoring thr real issues at hand.

I don't know much about Martin outside of this story, but in my non-expert observation, Martin strikes me as probably a slightly-fairly introverted guy that may excel in social situations where he feels comfortable... usually with people he's comfortable with. As a result of that predisposition, I think that lends itself to him wanting to be accepted. So, I think that he put up with a lot more than he should have until it had gone too far. He probably thought each time he gave in a little that it would win the guys over and that it wasn't truly bullying... I think he slowly realized it was but, he had already set a bad precedent in letting it go, so he couldn't handle it individually.

But that shows what a douche Incognito and his cronies are, because they knew he was just trying to fit in and took advantage of it.

I don't think that what took place is indicative of a mental illness on behalf of Martin, I think what happened could've happened to any number of people who are typically non-confrontational in nature.

#143 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,930 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

The big hick bully is in deep. It'll be interesting to see this one played out. Saw an article listing all of his transactions since he was at Nebraska. He comes off poorly. Voted dirtiest player in the league ... by the players. Used the N word. Yeah ... Richie is in deep.

#144 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,260 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

If I had to guess, this should sort itself out.  Incognito's a FA after this season and I can't see any team touching him with a ten foot pole after all of this.

You can't count out the Jeff Fisher tree, although I don't know if St. Louis would welcome him back.

#145 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

blaming the victim is always easy...bashing on someone to the extreme only shows how insecure you are as a human being...be humble

#146 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

It appears that Incognito has a long history of violent and disruptive behavior and being a Dick-Head.. Why am I not surprised?

#147 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

Pretty disgusting and classless. Him not being the only person to act like this doesn't really excuse it either.

#148 seahawks12thman

seahawks12thman

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

The big hick bully is in deep. It'll be interesting to see this one played out. Saw an article listing all of his transactions since he was at Nebraska. He comes off poorly. Voted dirtiest player in the league ... by the players. Used the N word. Yeah ... Richie is in deep.

What I find interesting is that A guy like Richie Incognito who is a notorious goon gets free pass after free pass and yet Riley Cooper who takes responsibility and apologizes profusely is tar and feathered.

#149 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,673 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

It appears that Incognito has a long history of violent and disruptive behavior and being a Dick-Head.. Why am I not surprised?

On Espn, Bill Polian had him on the Do Not Draft List when he was with the Colts because of these issues

#150 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

Incognito has always had the reputation as a  piece of poo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com