Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So in 2003 we only beat one team with a winning record en route to a SB.

36 posts in this topic

Posted

interesting.

what were their records when we played them i wonder

Posted

Except we will need to beat a winning team to even make the playoffs

5 people like this

Posted

awesome find OP 

we don't schedule the game we just play them. 

Posted

I remember that colts game. My god, the colts were so good then. Also, isn't that the fake punt titans game?

1 person likes this

Posted

Except we will need to beat a winning team to even make the playoffs

You missed the point. The point is it doesn't matter who you play or how you play. A win is a win is a win. You get to the dance, anything is possible. You may get the girl, you may not, but at least you went.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have never once heard of people say "well so and so only got to the SB because they played weak teams all season" that is BS all you have to do is play good enough to get into the tournament then it's anyone's game doesn't matter how you get in as long as you get in you can be 16-0 or 8-8 and still win the SB

BTW thanks for looking that up that should shut some people up only wish the people over at NFL.com and ESPN.com did research like you just did

1 person likes this

Posted

Go 2-2 against SF, NE and NO then get wins against NYJ, Tampa, Atlanta and Miami for an 11-5 record and a wild card birth. If the two wins are against NO then it's a division title and the 3rd seed.

Posted

Win is a win no matter what. If we keep playing balanced football we could win the Div.

Posted

Very interesting, excellent find.

It makes me think of the Giants teams that won the Super Bowl with Eli and wonder how many losing teams they lost to as well, both times sneaking into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth.

Posted

Like I've said before, I'd rather beat losing teams and go to the playoffs than beat a couple of winning teams but go 7-9

2 people like this

Posted

You missed the point. The point is it doesn't matter who you play or how you play. A win is a win is a win. You get to the dance, anything is possible. You may get the girl, you may not, but at least you went.

The point was never that the wins don't count because we played crap teams. You beat who you are assigned on your schedule. The cheifs had an easy schedule but are considered to be near the top of the NFL.

The point is, we have to beat two winning teams at the very least to make the playoffs. So no, we are going nowhere until we beat a good team.