Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

So in 2003 we only beat one team with a winning record en route to a SB.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

http://www.providenc...ning-record.ece

the best researched article on the subject^

Edited by SZ James, 03 November 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#17 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,612 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

Winning helps build confidence and morale

That same confidence and morale is what helps keep players mentally in check. Of course you have to outsmart and outplay your opponent, but until you get the yips out you aren't going anywhere.

This easy stretch may have helped set us up for future success down the road. The momentum from the 2003 season led us to beat some really good teams in January (in many different ways), and it carried over into 2005 when the panthers were reeling off six game winning streaks. Even Chris Weinke led a game winning drive against Detroit that year

#18 Positive Affirmations

Positive Affirmations

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

You missed the point. The point is it doesn't matter who you play or how you play. A win is a win is a win. You get to the dance, anything is possible. You may get the girl, you may not, but at least you went.

It's important to repeat this over and over.. Like the grand canyon, eventually you'll erode deep and vast negativity out of your life..

#19 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

Like I've said before, I'd rather beat losing teams and go to the playoffs than beat a couple of winning teams but go 7-9

Case in point the Charges and McCoy.

#20 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,920 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

Case in point the Charges and McCoy.

Yep. Beat the colts then drop one in OT to the redskins.

#21 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,574 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

SZ James is playing the role Captian Buzzkill of the Huddle.

We have not lost to all winning teams yet either.. Seattle and the Bills game is still a black cloud on our season so far but this team has finally gelled in a next level way.

#22 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

The point was never that the wins don't count because we played crap teams. You beat who you are assigned on your schedule. The cheifs had an easy schedule but are considered to be near the top of the NFL.

The point is, we have to beat two winning teams at the very least to make the playoffs. So no, we are going nowhere until we beat a good team.

We could make it to the play offs beating bad teams. All we need is confidence. Which I think has bubbled over by now.

#23 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

It's important to repeat this over and over.. Like the grand canyon, eventually you'll erode deep and vast negativity out of your life..

You new? I'm a realist, stay in the moment sort of person. Right now I'm as positive as can be concerning this football team.

#24 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,281 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

Part of the reason our opponents have lost so many games: because we beat them.

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,858 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

It happens a lot.

Check the years the Patriots went to the Super Bowl and you'll generally see an easy path to get there.

#26 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

We could make it to the play offs beating bad teams. All we need is confidence. Which I think has bubbled over by now.

To make the playoffs we must beat New Orleans once, and either the Patriots or 49ers. Or New Orleans twice. That is assuming we win the other games. Or we could pray everyone above us in the standings has a meltdown.

So shut the fug up basically.

#27 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,402 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

Gotta beat the teams on your schedule.

ONE GAME AT A TIME.

NEXT GAME IA THE MOST IMPORTANT.

They don't say these things to be annoying.

#28 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

To make the playoffs we must beat New Orleans once, and either the Patriots or 49ers. Or New Orleans twice. That is assuming we win the other games. Or we could pray everyone above us in the standings has a meltdown.

So shut the fug up basically.

Look at our defense and look at who we play. We are built to shut down the run. Luckily that plays into our hands against the 49ers. We are built to rush the passer. That would well against both the Saints and Patriots. Look at the match ups and tell me those aren't winnable games.

We have the defense to match up with anyone simply because of our front. I don't understand your bitterness towards the thought we can beat these teams. You see the trouble others have had with Tampa and the Vikings. Even the Giants were matched up with Demver well into the third quarter.

I think we beat San Fran 27-12. We could easily dominate the Patriots just because of our defense ala Cincinnati.

#29 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,756 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

we're going to learn so much next sunday when we play the 49ers.

#30 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

I'm just giving you the math. The notion that we can make the superbowl without beating a winning team is false, since we have to beat at least two to even make the playoffs, barring some weird poo that goes down that's out of our control anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.