Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gano appreciation

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Dudes got a Boot! Nice to not have "the kicker" problem anymore.

Posted · Report post

I really hope this guy is the long-term answer because it's gutting as a fan and even as a player when you can't count on your place kicking game to score you points. Not to mention he is money on kickoffs.

Then again I have to ask myself is Gano this good or was Mare just that fuging awful? I suspect the answer is a bit of both.

Posted · Report post

Gano=Godsend

Posted · Report post

Kickers will drive the ball a bit when they are farther out.   Gano hurts that football.  You can hear the thud when he hits it.  His line is exceptional.  That 55 yd field goal split the uprights.   Right down the middle.   Not bad from that far out.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Best in the league.

Not bad for a guy that many didn't evwn want on the team.

Yeah I remember the offseason threads this past offseason begging for a new kicker. For the world of me I couldn't figure out what Gano did to deserve the alienation treatment he was getting. He missed 1 PAT due to rust. Gano had only been signed for 1 week or two when it happened.

Athletes sitting home on their couch are not going to come back being all-pro. Glad Ron understands that.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

To be fair, Gano was never reliable for the Redskins.  He only made 68.6% of his FG tries in 2010 and 75.6% in 2011.  I don't think any Panthers fan thought we were getting a great kicker when we signed him, but that's exactly what he's been for us.  I hope he keeps it up!

Posted · Report post

He was the worst kicker in the nfl before we signed him

Posted · Report post

You know what's funny? He kicked the middle of the ball on his FG today and line drived it straight down the pipe.

He kicked that ball on a line that made it look like one of those kicks that drops just short of splitting the uprights.  Thats how

it looked to me on tv.  So I had to wait for the officials and crowd reaction to know that he made it.  Atleast we can breathe

easier knowing that we now have a capable kicker. 

Posted · Report post

To be fair, Gano was never reliable for the Redskins.  He only made 68.6% of his FG tries in 2010 and 75.6% in 2011.  I don't think any Panthers fan thought we were getting a great kicker when we signed him, but that's exactly what he's been for us.  I hope he keeps it up!

The Redskins have a shitty field, especially when compared to ours. When you can't consistently plant your leg for a kick it will greatly affect your accuracy.

Posted · Report post

Another thing to consider that during 2010 when he missed 10 kicks, 5 of those were blocked.  I wasn't watching many if any Redskins games, so I don't know how many of those were on him kicking the ball too low and how many were on the line for poor blocking.  The only kick that he's made for us that looked in danger of potentially being blocked for being too low was today's 55 yarder, but there's not a kicker alive who isn't driving a 55 yarder.  All of them are going to come out relatively low.

Posted · Report post

He's on Twitter: @GrahamGano

Posted · Report post

Definitely appreciate Gano after watching the Texans/Colts game last night.

And I'm definitely glad he's MUCH improved from when he started as a kicker