Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it time for us to admit that Smitty is done?

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think people need to realize that teams still focus on steve smith.

Say what ya want, but teams are going to try to take him out of the game as long as he's on the field.

I love how this topic comes up after our qb has a bad game with many erratic throws.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think people need to realize that teams still focus on steve smith.

Say what ya want, but teams are going to try to take him out of the game as long as he's on the field.

I love how this topic comes up after our qb has a bad game with many erratic throws.

This!

The entire season through 8 games, Smitty still demand the opponent's no1 corner to cover him even at his age. No DC wants 89 being covered by their no2-3 corner, bc 89 will make plays all day long.

Posted · Report post

This!

The entire season through 8 games, Smitty still demand the opponent's no1 corner to cover him even at his age. No DC wants 89 being covered by their no2-3 corner, bc 89 will make plays all day long.

Teams haven't shadowed him w/ their #1 CB all game.  The games show that fear isn't there. 

Posted · Report post

dont need to read 4 pages to know that...

89 is the man!

This thread is balls

Smith played as well as any other receiver on the team in this game

And the most important (just in case it doesnt get said enough) Smith is the man!

Posted · Report post

The answer is no.
He's not done.

Posted · Report post

If you say Smith is done, you're an idiot.  Yes Smith is older and slowing down, he's not getting the huge numbers because he can't torch every DB vertical anymore.

HOWEVER: PLEASE REALIZE THIS:

Back in the day when Smith was putting up 100+ yards a game every game, he was the only target.  We had Jeff King, Mike Seidman, and a bunch of other blocking tight ends that would catch 1-2 passes a game max.  Our slot receiver was basically never on the field as we were always in jumbo packages.  Jake was either going to throw or hand the ball off, Jake wasn't going to take of on designed QB draws or scrambles.

So, with Cam running, Olsen getting passes, Ginn getting passes, Lafell getting passes and 3 solid running backs, there is simply less touches for Smith, compared to 2005 when it was either Smith, Foster, or Moose getting basically every touch.

Posted · Report post

I didn't read your novel OP, but to answer the question raised in your books title, no. Smitty is not done.

Posted · Report post

Steve Smith isn't having a very good year if you actually WATCH the games. Dropped passes, some for touchdowns, running wrong routes, not knowing the play, giving up on plays...

Doesn't sound like the guy I know. Greg Olsen is our best WR at this point and he's had a bum foot all year.

Posted · Report post

This marks the 10,000th Smitty is done thread this season.

Posted · Report post

Smith will be clutch in a few games this year, when need be.

Posted · Report post

Smith will be clutch in a few games this year, when need be.

When need be?? He ain't some reserve rotating in. He's our fucking #1 WR!! We need him to be in every damn game
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

negative pie for this thread.