Photo
- - - - -

Is it time for us to admit that Smitty is done?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,667 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

Absolutely not. Best WR on the roster.

#62 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

He's also not only one of the best at shedding tackles, but if you're a DB and aren't careful he'll get under your skin and into your head and throw you off your game. Every coach's gameplan for him includes the instruction 'don't verbally engage him- you'll lose'.

#63 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

Not done, its obvious that he isn't as fast and explosive. We all know the deal with Smitty.

#64 Bishop

Bishop

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

I dont think he is done. Its a lot to ask of someone to be the main option at his age no matter how good of shape he's in. SImply put its time to get some help so we can add some more years on his career.

#65 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,807 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

I think we've all noticed this this far in the season

I believe yes Father Time has caught up with Smith, but I do think Smith has a little in him but uses it at certain points b/c of his age. He did look like Smith 2 years ago against the Rams. It seems those comments made him turn his game up and that's what concerns me. We shouldn't have to look forward to someone dissing him for him to turn it up

The drops is the most worrisome thing. If the ball hit Smitty hands, he was coming down with it. These days, not so much. Maybe father time is affecting his hand and eye coordination too, or his reaction time

Sidenote: Why does Steve helmet look so tight on his head these days?

#66 propagandamachine

propagandamachine

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

Its bound to happen - everyone knows it - what we need is an upgrade and a tall receiver. We have 3 running backs right now that are going to be critical to keep up with San fran - actually on paper the more i look at it the more i see that we can make up for not having a vincent jackson on the team. :) 

#67 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Missed throws or not, I still think Smitty would beast with another consistent deep threat on the outside.  I love Ginn and Lafell, but neither are consistent on the outside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.