Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cary Kollins

what 49er fans are saying

469 posts in this topic

not sure why panthers fans are taking kaep so lightly. he hasn't had a stellar year but he absolutely can get the ball downfield and make plays. every facet of this 49ers team is scary.

Because he is very streaky and pretty inaccurate he has a 57% completion percentage but if you look at it without his week one game vs gb his % would be right around 50 which is pretty awful..

Because he is very streaky and pretty inaccurate he has a 57% completion percentage but if you look at it without his week one game vs gb his % would be right around 50 which is pretty awful..

Well his QBR is 4th in the league compared to 15th for Cam Newton. QBR account for throw aways and drops. 

FYI  both of their career completion percentage is right at 60%. Which is average

Well his QBR is 4th in the league compared to 15th for Cam Newton. QBR account for throw aways and drops. 

FYI  both of their career completion percentage is right at 60%. Which is average

QBR is a silly stat invented by ESPN to make QBs like TinyTimmy look better than they are.

It's not worth quoting, looking at, or putting any effort into unless you're ESPN and you want to make your made-up stat look better than it is.

I'm not taking a side one way or the other on the QBs because I know I'm biased and I know poo about Kaep except he's a weird looking dude...just pointing out how awful the stat is.

3 people like this

You're right about the schemes. Both teams ask their LBs to do completely different things. Like I said, its hard to say because you guys are really good too, but I am obviously a little biased

Nothing wrong with that....so are we.

At least we are smart enough to give both teams props and to believe this will be a great game.

QBR is a made up ESPN stat 

Hi guys... If you remember, I hung around here the week before we played in the season opener. I told you guys to keep the faith after the game, 'cause I knew you guys had a baddass team! Just had to come back and say "Told you so!" 'cause you were so negative about your team at the time. With all that talent on Defense and Cam at the helm, there was no way you weren't gonna put it all together eventually. Now the fans of other teams that used to tell us Seahawks fans "yeah, but you almost lost to the Panthers" can SHOVE IT! Hey, do us a favor and KILL the 9ers! You guys are the hottest team in the NFC right now, and unfortunately, the game will NOT be shown on TV up here in Seattle, damnit... Rooting for you guys BIG time! GO PANTHERS! WHOOHOOOO!!! Whup some Niner ASS! Maybe we will have a rematch in the NFCCG! Good luck the rest of the way guys...

In an instant I went from hating Seahawks fan to disliking most of them. Thomas Davis or Steve Smith said we would play again and I'm beginning to believe it. We will see against the 49ers. One thing is for sure, you will see a whole new crowd against the Pats than when we played in week one.

1 person likes this

I've seen espn's bullshit qbr give guys like The Golden Calf of Bristol a huge rating too many times to give that thing any credibility.

1 person likes this

Wow, this guy has like only 3 words in his vocabulary. :huh:

I have no idea who will win this game as I can see it going either way tbh. This definitely is the test though that tells us if the Panthers are for real or not.

Lol I made a response to him here;

2 people like this

LOL a made up espn stat and even then the only thing setting Kap higher than Newton is sacks....

LOL a made up espn stat and even then the only thing setting Kap higher than Newton is sacks....

How is QBR made up? Because it doesnt fit the narrative here that Cam is a better QB?

Which one of you is over on the niners board complaining about cams rushing first down celebration? Show yourself pussy.

How is QBR made up? Because it doesnt fit the narrative here that Cam is a better QB?

QBR = a asinine combination of unverifiable stats created by the ESPN propaganda machine.. its not a quanative statistical analyse because it relies largely on unofficial statistics and information.