Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what 49er fans are saying

469 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been reading random 49er forums and I've found a lot of their fans are as nervous about playing us as we are about playing them.  Of course there are the "hurr durr we're gonna beat them by 400" fans...but we have those too.

For my part I'm glad we've made enough progress from last year to this year that other teams are nervous about playing us.  We've done enough to make anyone a little uneasy and if we play like we're capable of playing that won't change this Sunday.

Yeah, that's exactly how the fanbase is outside of the goofballs in Cali who watch nothing but 49ers games.

Posted

I think it will be a good game but we will control it the entire time. We are currently on a nice momentum rise and we are starting to get healthy again

and we aren't?  some would say we have been more dominating in our current streaks.  but both of us are peaking right now.  i say we have a slight edge at QB, but you guys definitely have the upper hand in Oline.  Our defenses are both tough up front and a little less in the secondary, you guys have the upper hand there too.  

Posted

I think it will be a good game but we will control it the entire time. We are currently on a nice momentum rise and we are starting to get healthy again. To play us at home under these conditions just doesn't look good for you guys.

Y'all do, however, have a nice RB committe and that will be the key to yall having a chance.

We've won 4 in a row, in case you haven't been paying attention.  I'd also call that having "nice momentum."

Y'all are pitiful in terms of passing offense, and that works out perfectly for us...because we are DOMINANT in stopping the run.  I hardly think you'll "control it the entire time."

The 49ers aren't the juggernaut you think you are.  I expect the Panthers to walk out of hippy-land with a 10+ point win.

5 people like this

Posted

Yeah, that's exactly how the fanbase is outside of the goofballs in Cali who watch nothing but 49ers games.

I saw a few people saying that Manningham and Crabtree might be back this week, is this true?

Posted

and we aren't?  some would say we have been more dominating in our current streaks.  but both of us are peaking right now.  i say we have a slight edge at QB, but you guys definitely have the upper hand in Oline.  Our defenses are both tough up front and a little less in the secondary, you guys have the upper hand there too.  

Our secondary is very good. An underrated part of our defense for sure, and our best CB is on the IR.

Posted

We don't have much of a passing game, but we've played one less game than most teams, and we run the ball so well we don't need to throw as much.

NFL stats are completely erroneous by themselves and as shallow as they get. Our passing attack isn't good by any means, but it's nowhere near the worst in the NFL.

Lets also not forget who our WR's have been lol. I think any team throwing to who Kap had available not named Boldin would be last in passing.

Posted

I saw a few people saying that Manningham and Crabtree might be back this week, is this true?

Crabtree won't be back for a month, maybe 3 weeks at earliest. Manningham might, but I doubt it. I'd be shocked if he played. They had to activate him or put him on IR.

We desperately need the help at WR though, so they may push him. Outside of Boldin, our receivers are seriously atrocious. We have a solid #2, and a bunch of 4's and 5's.

1 person likes this

Posted

Our secondary is very good. An underrated part of our defense for sure, and our best CB is on the IR.

yea i meant compared to the front seven, i think we are very similar in terms of strengths and weaknesses for each team.

Posted

I think their offense will score a little more than our d usually gives up, just because they will probably have good field position on a few drives. We probably give up between 17-24. So it comes down to how well our offense plays (which scares me because of o-line injuries), and if our d or special teams can score.

Posted

yea i meant compared to the front seven, i think we are very similar in terms of strengths and weaknesses for each team.

Your DT's are definitely scary. The rookie Lotulelei makes me green with envy. That's the kind of kid you build a defense around. Him and Keuchly are a nice foundation, and Cam is Cam.

If Rivera can just be average in crucial situations, you guys should be competitive for a while.

2 people like this

Posted

it will be interesting to see if our poor performances vs mobile quarterbacks was a flukey anomaly misrepresented because of a small sample size or if it's something serious.

star/dwan/kk need to have an amazing day to allow our DEs to wipe kaep out before he can leak outside the pocket.

2 people like this

Posted

We've won 4 in a row, in case you haven't been paying attention.  I'd also call that having "nice momentum."

Y'all are pitiful in terms of passing offense, and that works out perfectly for us...because we are DOMINANT in stopping the run.  I hardly think you'll "control it the entire time."

The 49ers aren't the juggernaut you think you are.  I expect the Panthers to walk out of hippy-land with a 10+ point win.

I think it's fair to say you are a damn good team when you head into your bye week at 6-2 without your top two WR's and numerous key injuries on defense.

We are only going to get better from here on out, unless more key injuries happen.