Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

what 49er fans are saying

san francisco 49ers carolina panthers

Best Answer cardiackat88., 04 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

The 49ers beat a whole cast of nobodys and got whooped badly by the Seahawks.

I bet they take us lightly. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#181 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

Let em think whatever they want, reality will kick in wants the ball is kicked off.

#182 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

I hope Kaepernick tries that read option and Kuechly lights him up like a Christmas Tree.   Who's their back-up?

#183 flipt143

flipt143

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:52 AM

Probably going to be a close game.
Panthers FG kicker has made 100% this year.
49rs kicker made 75% so far.

#184 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:50 AM

I'm not reading too much into the 32nd ranked offense. Besides, if you are #1 in rushing, chances are (by default) you didnt need to pass much. Especially if you are leading the game. "No garbage time stats"

I do feel it will be a great game, very close. We matchup well considering their run game is what gets their team rolling. Id still try to make Pumpernickel beat us with his arm. Contain Gore and that will increase our chances A LOT IMO.

#185 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,041 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

Here's my analysis: We're gonna kick the 49ers ass.

#186 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

I'm a panthers fan, I just have the word saint in my name because I like the word saint when it's not dirtied by new orleans.

Fair enough.

#187 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

they're talking about us not beating anyone good

this is the team that lost 29-3 to the Seahawks, lost 27-7 to the Colts

then proceeded to beat the Rams, Texans, Cardinals, Titans and Jaguars

Yeah Kaepernick has not played well against stout defenses. I hope that trend continues this week. If we can bottle up the run and make him pass I see their offense committing a number of turnovers.

#188 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

I hope Kaepernick tries that read option and Kuechly lights him up like a Christmas Tree. Who's their back-up?

I want Thomas Davis or Mitchell to get a legal big shot at hitting him! That will absolutely bring a grinch smile to my face.

#189 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

I want Thomas Davis or Mitchell to get a legal big shot at hitting him! That will absolutely bring a grinch smile to my face.

Your right...  Mitchell will knock him into the middle of next week.   Davis would ruin his day.

#190 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

This is by far the best test the panthers have faced this season.  One thing that intrigues me about this game is that San Fran is coming off thier bye.  Most people would think that would be a big advantage for the Niners, however I believe it is an advantage for the panthers.  The niners have won five straight (almost all in blow-out fashion like the panthers).  The last thing that they needed was an extended break to lessen the momentum.  There should be some rust in the niners offense and couple that with the fact that the Panthers are hot, we could be catching them at a good time.

At the end of the day, the team who wins the turnover battle in this game, will win the game. 

#191 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

Yes I do. I misspoke when I said Willis was a MLB. But, they both play inside of the defense, and sites like PFF have 4-3 MLB and 3-4 ILB's graded in the same categories. 

I'm not discrediting anyone, I'm saying that while Kuechly is good, Willis is better. I think objectively about my team, but there's no doubt Willis is better at this point.

Yes they do on PFF. But my point is that a Mike LB has a completely different gap assignments than a single ILB. Since in a 3-4 there is 2 ILBs. There is not doubt that Wilis is a great LB no matter if its ILB or Mike, he plays great. But he's been in the league what 5 -6 years now. Luke just started his second season.

Luke's numbers have dropped this year and some people are starting to talk about it. But if anyone knows anything about football and the defensive side of the ball, when you have a solid Dline like the panther have now, Your MLB's will have less tackles in a game. Very few teams have tried to run it straight up the gut against Star and the rest of our DT's this year. this means more outside or off tackle runs and more plays for our OLB's.

#192 bababoey

bababoey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Locationcorner of drunk and stupid

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

Yes they do on PFF. But my point is that a Mike LB has a completely different gap assignments than a single ILB. Since in a 3-4 there is 2 ILBs. There is not doubt that Wilis is a great LB no matter if its ILB or Mike, he plays great. But he's been in the league what 5 -6 years now. Luke just started his second season.

Luke's numbers have dropped this year and some people are starting to talk about it. But if anyone knows anything about football and the defensive side of the ball, when you have a solid Dline like the panther have now, Your MLB's will have less tackles in a game. Very few teams have tried to run it straight up the gut against Star and the rest of our DT's this year. this means more outside or off tackle runs and more plays for our OLB's.

The better play by the DT's this year is one reason the Luke's numbers are down.  But I think the main reason is the Panthers offense is always on the field.  They lead the NFL in TOP right at 34 min a game now.  Now at the end of the game teams are throwing the ball all over the place because they are down by 2 or 3 TD's.  Last year they had a 6 point lead with 5 min to go in the 4th and they were running the ball to try to eat up clock. 

If you ever really notice guys that lead the league in tackles are guys on teams who's offenses can't do anything.  The defense is on the field longer so they are going to make more tackles.  That's just how it is.

#193 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

The better play by the DT's this year is one reason the Luke's numbers are down. But I think the main reason is the Panthers offense is always on the field. They lead the NFL in TOP right at 34 min a game now. Now at the end of the game teams are throwing the ball all over the place because they are down by 2 or 3 TD's. Last year they had a 6 point lead with 5 min to go in the 4th and they were running the ball to try to eat up clock.
If you ever really notice guys that lead the league in tackles are guys on teams who's offenses can't do anything. The defense is on the field longer so they are going to make more tackles. That's just how it is.

I agree completely. In retrospect that is probably how Luke led the league in tackles last year when he didn't even start at the Mike until week 5 or 6. Our offense had more 3 and outs and stalled drives last year. Plus Fua was getting blown back with the ball carriers into Luke's lap.

I guess Fua was good for something. He made Luke do all the work, which showed the league how good he really is.

#194 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,723 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

I been over on one of their boards talking poo. I tried to keep it legit but they immediately devolve into some punks when you try and talk football. fug that board.

#195 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

The better play by the DT's this year is one reason the Luke's numbers are down.  But I think the main reason is the Panthers offense is always on the field.  They lead the NFL in TOP right at 34 min a game now.  Now at the end of the game teams are throwing the ball all over the place because they are down by 2 or 3 TD's.  Last year they had a 6 point lead with 5 min to go in the 4th and they were running the ball to try to eat up clock. 

If you ever really notice guys that lead the league in tackles are guys on teams who's offenses can't do anything.  The defense is on the field longer so they are going to make more tackles.  That's just how it is.

Yet another good point is made here about the numbers dropping not just for Luke but the defense as a whole. Panthers right now lead the league in TOP if I remember correctly. That does mean less time on the field for the defense.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: san francisco 49ers, carolina panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com