Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

what 49er fans are saying

san francisco 49ers carolina panthers

Best Answer cardiackat88., 04 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

The 49ers beat a whole cast of nobodys and got whooped badly by the Seahawks.

I bet they take us lightly. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#451 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,449 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

Not trying to make this a fantasy football thread, but here's what ESPN fantasy experts have to say about certain guys:

Vernon Davis (minus-3 points)

Let's close with my "Lower Your Expectations" pick of the week. The projected points are down for San Francisco's skill guys because they are playing the Panthers, who are one of only two defenses (Cardinals) to rank in the top five versus passing (No. 4) and rushing (No. 5). Both teams have been hot against bad competition, but it would not be surprising to see a low-scoring battle this week.

Neither team has a "Player With A Favorable Matchup," but listed under the "Players With Unfavorable Matchups," is this:

Players With Unfavorable Matchups Pos Team Name +/- Fan Pts QB HOU Case Keenum -5 QB ATL Matt Ryan -5 QB DAL Tony Romo -5 QB SF Colin Kaepernick -4 QB TB Mike Glennon -4 RB SF Frank Gore -3 TE SF Vernon Davis -3 WR HOU Andre Johnson -3 WR TB Vincent Jackson -3 RB SD Danny Woodhead -2 RB CIN Giovani Bernard -2 RB HOU Arian Foster -2 TE ATL Tony Gonzalez -2 RB OAK Darren McFadden -2 WR SF Anquan Boldin -2 RB SD Ryan Mathews -2 TE TB Tim Wright -2 WR DAL Terrance Williams -2 WR ATL Harry Douglas -2 TE DAL Jason Witten -2 QB CAR Cam Newton -2 QB PIT Ben Roethlisberger -1 QB BAL Joe Flacco -1 WR PIT Antonio Brown -1 QB JAC Chad Henne -1 WR BAL Torrey Smith -1 RB ARI Andre Ellington -1 RB BAL Ray Rice -1 WR CAR Steve Smith -1

I know it's fantasy, but if we are comparing player-to-player, I think this adds decent insight.

#452 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,278 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

According to you who ranks by yards per game, they are better than you. They are also better in YPP.

Carolina is 2nd in points, 3rd in yards....

Seattle is 3rd in points, 2nd in yards.....

I rank the team with less points ahead.....and you didn't do poo against Seattle

#453 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Your DT's are definitely scary. The rookie Lotulelei makes me green with envy. That's the kind of kid you build a defense around. Him and Keuchly are a nice foundation, and Cam is Cam.

If Rivera can just be average in crucial situations, you guys should be competitive for a while.

i think thomas davis is as important as anyone else on our defense.  not many 4-3 olb get recognition anymore since Derrick Brooks, but if they did, Davis would be very well known.

#454 Marvin49

Marvin49

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

i think thomas davis is as important as anyone else on our defense.  not many 4-3 olb get recognition anymore since Derrick Brooks, but if they did, Davis would be very well known.

Briggs is the only other one I can think of over the past several years.

#455 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

So you're telling me there's a chance....

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationAspin, Colorado

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

We handled the Seahwaks better than they did. Other than that their d line versus our now THIN oline has me worried.

But we now have Fua!

#456 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

I really works both ways.

Niners in same boat. They've beaten their last 5 opponents by an average of 22 points and scored over 30 in 5 straight games for the first time since Young was the QB. They aren't just beating bad teams...they are beating them into oblivion...particularly before they go into their late game prevent D.

Basically...I hear you. That's why you will hear nothing about the quality of the opponent from me.

Awkward? uh...OK. If you say so. He reminds me of Randall Cunningham more than any other player I've seen. Cam is bigger than both Kap and Randall. I think Kap has more straight line speed than Cam does and a bigger arm, but Cam has much more size and is quicker on his feat. Cam is more able to elude a defender laterally than Kap is.

He's just an awkward person. His shape, style of running and throwing motion. He brings the ball back so far that if he's under pressure a defense end could easily swipe the ball. Charles Johnson had 7 FF last season and around 5 of them were strip sacks so beware. San Fran will need to roll the pocket around if they plan on passing from the pocket. We don't blitz very often and are able to collapse the pocket with 4 men. If he decides to stay in the pocket I expect CJ to knock at least one ball from him.

I also wasn't speaking of averages. Averages can be skewed. If you look at our statistics there is no reason we shouldn't be undefeated. We have one less interception than the ridiculously named "legion of Boom" with an ESPN and NFLN proclaimed no name secondary.

That said, we've both been blown out of the park in a game and have played well since. It's going to be the Game of the Week and if it weren't for the infatuation of the Cowgirls and the Saints since Katrina, this would be the Sunday night game.

#457 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:38 AM

Hawks fans run to our corner.

Football makes strange bedfellows...

#458 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

I think Kap has more straight line speed than Cam does and a bigger arm, but Cam has much more size and is quicker on his feat. Cam is more able to elude a defender laterally than Kap is.

Cam has one of the biggest arms in the league..  So you're saying Kaepernick has a top 3 arm?  That's news to me...

Hawks fans run to our corner.

Football makes strange bedfellows...

the enemy of your enemy is your friend...

#459 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

Kaepernick doesn't have a bigger arm than Cam, he's just incapable of throwing anything but missiles even if the situation calls for a at least some touch on the ball. Cam had that problem early on but has gotten much better at throttling down his short passes and improved his accuracy as a result.

#460 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,278 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

Cam has one of the biggest arms in the league.. So you're saying Kaepernick has a top 3 arm? That's news to me...

the enemy of your enemy is your friend...

I haven't heard anyone put Kapernick in the comically big arm talk....

Stafford. Newton. Flacco has a big arm but it isn't like Stafford or Cam either.

#461 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

I haven't heard anyone put Kapernick in the comically big arm talk....

Stafford. Newton. Flacco has a big arm but it isn't like Stafford or Cam either.

You've never heard the boasting of Kaeps 90 mph fast ball? That's all I hear is his big arm talk. He takes eons to wind up and throw it but the ball is moving when it leaves his hand(which will be a problem if Charles Johnson gets in the vicinity, love to smack the ball down)

#462 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,278 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

You've never heard the boasting of Kaeps 90 mph fast ball? That's all I hear is his big arm talk. He takes eons to wind up and throw it but the ball is moving when it leaves his hand(which will be a problem if Charles Johnson gets in the vicinity, love to smack the ball down)

that is why I don't put Flacco in with Stafford or Cam. They have big arms and get flick there wrist without setting up.....and throw it farther than most.

#463 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

that is why I don't put Flacco in with Stafford or Cam. They have big arms and get flick there wrist without setting up.....and throw it farther than most.

There's a baseball motion and a football motion. Kaep has a baseball motion much like The Golden Calf of Bristol. He's a strip sack master's dream.

#464 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

there has to be a better forum than this one thread a week one, right?

#465 Marvin49

Marvin49

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

Actually it was a 94 MPH fastball...when he was in high school....and about 60 lbs lighter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: san francisco 49ers, carolina panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com