Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anger: how to deal.

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

not sure why you think nobody understands? do you talk with your fellow soldiers over there...I'm sure alot of them are going through the same things. Verbalization of what is troubling us can be a very powerful tool...just getting them out of the brain and into the air can minimize the impact of some issues and with any luck, sharing the important ones can hopefully get you some insight in how to deal with them.

never expect that nobody else knows how you feel...chances are, similar people in similar circumstance are suffering from similar issues.

I do think people understand. That was an inappropriate thing for me to say. I do talk to my buddies but they don't seem to really care. I feel like I'm supposed to hold back my feelings and it freaking blows because I'm supposed to be the strong SGT. Sorry I had to fugging blab about problems on here. It's just been a hard couple of months.

Posted · Report post

I guess the anger comes from the pent up emotions like phillyb said and you (hawk) said as well.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

never be sorry about venting....considering the alternatives...venting is a great thing to do!  you are certainly in a tough spot...but even the strongest of the strong need to vent or need a shoulder every now and then....wouldn't be human of you otherwise. 

Posted · Report post

I guess the angry comes from the pent up emotions

with this I would agree 100%.

you need to find a release of some sort...whether it be with other soldiers or officers or something. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'll try what phillyb said with the journal thing.

Posted · Report post

use the huddle without apologizing

even an old buddy back home can be utilized with long drawn out emails that you'll read some point down the road and laugh.

I'm a firm believer in getting it out of your system can be 90% of the release you need.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'll try what phillyb said with the journal thing.

and I agree with Philly on that too....and fully agree with the write don't type if you can get away with it.

I just saw something on tv that was talking about exactly that....how mentally...writing stuff down with a pen or pencil was so much more therapeutic and thoughtful than typing it on a keyboard.  The dimension of pen/pencil in hand adds so much more to it. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm just going to have to learn to vent again. Thanks hawk
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Masturbation
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Maybe you should give the power lifting a rest.  I mean most guys I see at the gym power lifting don't look calm and relaxed.  Try running or something for a while. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Masturbation

That's a daily thing

Posted · Report post

PIA...How are you? :-)
1 person likes this