Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The song Sweet Caroline

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

That touchdown song is the worst thing in the world, I can't believe it's never changed.  Isn't that Stevie Ray Vaughan?

That would be Big Head Todd's version of an old John Lee Hooker song... I personally I love it. It's now tradition. When I heard that song, it instills the same feeling of us getting a TD EVERY SINGLE TIME! 

Posted · Report post

I caught some crappy sounding generic country music playing in the pregame. We need to cut that crap out.

I do like "Sweet Caroline" as a victory song. Who doesn't love to drunkenly sing that chorus?

Posted · Report post

I actually like the Sweet Caroline song.  I was singing with the TV when we were busting the Falcons in the mouth.

Haha I watched the game with my mom in Maryland and we were too!

Posted · Report post

That has always been our song.  I don't know when the Red Sox started doing it, maybe they did it first, but it is one of my favorite things and we have been doing it for as long as I can remember.

Posted · Report post

yeah, its kind of a thing already.

Posted · Report post

That song is played in countless sporting venues.

Posted · Report post

They waited too long to play it this time...didn't get to get all the way through.  It is  a beautiful song since it is played when the Panthers have the game in hand.  Don't know if I have ever heard it when watching on TV before.  

Posted · Report post

That touchdown song is the worst thing in the world, I can't believe it's never changed.  Isn't that Stevie Ray

Stevie Ray ain't bad,Jimi's protégé,and he's a lot better than that godawful,autotuned top 40 crap!

Posted · Report post

When Cam Newton runs in for a score, the crowd should chant the Superman theme. 

dunt dunt dunt DA DAAA! dunt dunt dunt DA DAAA!

If we do it every time he does anything special, that might get a bit old. 

My only other suggestion years back was to ask Petey Pablo - who has to have plenty of free time - to rerecord his track "Raise Up" for games. As of now, the lyrics might end up promoting lots stadium dress code issues. :) 

Posted · Report post

Don't know if I have ever heard it when watching on TV before.

2008 MNF after our TD to seal it.

Beautiful sound. BOA rocked it. Top 10 Panther memory

Posted · Report post

The music has actually changed a lot over the past couple of years.

More rock to get the crowd pumped and less Nashville country crap and anything autotuned!

Posted · Report post

I caught some crappy sounding generic country music playing in the pregame. We need to cut that crap out.

I do like "Sweet Caroline" as a victory song. Who doesn't love to drunkenly sing that chorus?

SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOD!!!!