Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The song Sweet Caroline

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Sweet Caroline needs to go. Is it good? Yep. But since other teams use it, it has no originality or meaning. Not to mention we didn't even use it first.

What could the Panthers play as originality for Carolina??? Petey Pablo's Raise Up after a win?? Hahaha that would be hilarious to bring that song back.. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHnA94-hTC8

Posted · Report post

I have season tickets in section 545 and it is always a great thing to sing Sweet Caroline after a win!

Posted · Report post

should just play Pantera's Domination...Pantera is Panther in Spanish too, and its a badass song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYPFrXvc2rE

That chorus being pumped after TDs would be dope IMO

Posted · Report post

Great whats next? Shortening players names and holding the vowel sound out to long?

Posted · Report post

I like sweet Caroline, alot of the players like it too. Symbolizes a panther win so what's not to like

Posted · Report post

I wasn't at the game last sunday, but I notice the crowd was singing Sweet Caroline with the "oh oh oh" added. I know it's a tradition at red sox games. But do you think it will become a victory song at Bank of America Stadium whenever we win?

GO PANTHERS!!!!

Yes they do....and it is gay and lame.

Posted · Report post

I like sweet Caroline, alot of the players like it too. Symbolizes a panther win so what's not to like

It's always lame when you can't be original. I know the Red Sox didn't invite the idea of singing "Sweet Carolina" at games but they made it popular.

What I see what I hear a crowd signing this song, is a marketing department lost for ideas. "Hey guys, you see what song they sing in Boston? Let's sing that in Charlotte too". I hope they weren't up all night!  :thumbsd:

Posted · Report post

When Cam Newton runs in for a score, the crowd should chant the Superman theme.

If we do it every time he does anything special, that might get a bit old.

My only other suggestion years back was to ask Petey Pablo - who has to have plenty of free time - to rerecord his track "Raise Up" for games. As of now, the lyrics might end up promoting lots stadium dress code issues. :)

Good luck getting Petey...he's in jail. I have always felt raise up would be a good song to play at the stadium, though.